Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pubs in Walsall  (Read 2162 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 08:44:55 »

Where is everyone going for this? Aparently there aren't many pubs but found this one? Not sure how big or anything it is.... There is a list of pubs near bescot station here (stadium next door I believe)

There seems to be quite a few pubs within a mile if people are willing to stagger to the game after?

The Horse and Jockey, Wednesbury

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/tr/1604

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=399675&y=296113&z=1&sv=399675,296113&st=4&ar=Y
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 09:02:44 »

we went to one that was alright last year, turn left out of the station up the road and left at the junction over a bridge i think and on the left. about 10 minute walk from ground.

magic may remember what it was called.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 09:09:55 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
we went to one that was alright last year, turn left out of the station up the road and left at the junction over a bridge i think and on the left. about 10 minute walk from ground.

Thanks Mex!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 09:50:38 »

Quote from: "mexico red"

i can't remember what it was called but i thought it was a proper dive.

Beer was cold which was a bonus i suppose.

i think what made it worse last year is that we didn't take many up there. Should be a lot different this year

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:00:27 »

from football ground guide. Sure this is the one we went in last year

The King George V in Wallowes Lane is okay, but as the nearest pub to the ground it gets (rather expectantly) rather busy which can make it a bit difficult to get served quickly. It is about a 15 minute walk away, opposite the Morrisons Supermarket. If you are walking from the stadium, go out of the official car parks and down towards McDonalds. Go past McDonalds on your right and take a left hand turn into Wallowes Lane. At the end of the lane turn left onto the main road and the pub is just setback on the left. Away fans though should avoid the Fulbrook pub near to the ground.

mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:16:36 »

yeah thats the one, bit of a shithole, i just remember marie brightening it up with a come and get me smile.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:18:27 »

is your sister making an appearance again Mex??

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:20:43 »

you couldnt afford that smile mex, but crack on.............

mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:21:12 »

maybe she is 6 months pregnant though, if its not too cold or wet she and her husband will be coming.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:22:25 »

pass on my congrats Uncle Mex.

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 01:48:48 »

response from vital

Afraid there isn't much choice with the nearest pub been about 15 minutes walk from the ground. Can get a bit crowded but is the usual haunt for away fans. It is called The King George V in Wallowes Lane, opposite the Morrisons Supermarket. The supermarket resturant is also used for those wanting a hot meal.
Nearer the ground there is the Saddlers club and the new hotel, but entry may depend on numbers trying to get in. As I expect that you may be bring a fair few I would recommend get there early.
Further afield there is The Tiger and The Bell which are on the Delves road past the chipshop, but you would need to be driving so agin an early start.
Most of the pubs are away fan friendly (The Full brook perhaps least so)since most saddlers fans use the bars at Bescot.
In the future when (if) then new away end stand is built it is planned to include a bar....problem solved.However until then the choices are limited.
Have a nice day
Regards Ian
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 09:51:13 »

Fuck me, this has to be the hardest ground in the country to get pissed at
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 6, 2006, 16:03:58 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Fuck me, this has to be the hardest ground in the country to get pissed at

oh if they build it we will drink.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print