Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BILL FUCKING POWER  (Read 15052 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, December 3, 2006, 16:27:14 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Quote from: "magicroundabout"
and where is the rest of that interview. doesn't say anything about Bill Power

It's all here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2006/12/02/stfc_021206_feature.shtml

cheers old bean

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, December 3, 2006, 16:43:32 »

No problem  :thumbs:
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, December 3, 2006, 19:27:55 »

Quote from: "bennett"

perm hair

Wink

Don't be ridiculous. It was back combed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, December 3, 2006, 19:58:34 »

One thing on the takeover, Sturrock is staying out of it but said he was "very happy" with the working relationship of the current board.

Now personally I don't know if the takeover would upset him, but I assume he won't allowed to be used by the board to scare fans into thinking he will leave should the club change hands.

A lot of what ifs there.

I am absolutely delighted Sturrock is here, but the takeover must happen come what may.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, December 3, 2006, 20:32:20 »

To be fair, he's hardly going to come out and say "They're all a bunch of monkeys and the sooner they go, the happier I'll be" is he? I think any manager would be happy with a proposed new direction that included financial stability, possibly money for players (shock, horror), an end to the increasing rift with the fanbase and proper business management, rather than a bunch who can't pay the bills, including a CVA that will put us under if not paid in just over 6 months, and seem incapable of treating their own fanbase (that's your customers by the way!) with anything other than contempt.

But I've no doubt that that's the next thing they'll try now that it appears the "If you don't all sit down and shut up, SSW will go" line doesn't seem to hold its customary magic. And when they do Batch is right - it should be treated with the same degree of respect and credibility as, say, financial statements at the AGM.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, December 3, 2006, 21:05:51 »

I had a thought earlier, thanks to FM2007 and the little tips box thingy.

If the board agree to start talks and nothing is completed before January, won't we have an enforced transfer embargo? I don't think Sturrock would be too happy about that.
sonic youth

« Reply #126 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 08:17:40 »

i don't see why sturrock would have any reason to have a problem with the board. they've given him a nice contract, allowed him to bring his own staff in, given him room to send players out and bring others in.

he's not going to have a clue about the previous problems, ongoing troubles or the bill power "saga".
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #127 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 09:23:33 »

Article from todays WDP:-

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145787&command=displayContent&sourceNode=145780&contentPK=16101650&folderPk=100269&pNodeId=145803
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 10:10:49 »

By "development potential" I assume Starnes means are the consortium looking to buy out the holding company or the football club or both? Is that right? I assume the holding company is structured such that it retains 'development potential'?Huh??

Can't see how the club is worth 1p given there isn't as far as I know even an application for redevelopment made yet, let alone alone approval for it??
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 10:15:41 »

I'm with you Batch.  The club does not own the land and were given a quick slap around the ear when they hinted at proposals giving them the freehold by the Council.  Also, as no planning submission is currently held or on the horizon I can't see that they can actually attach any value to the business for it.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 10:20:16 »

It would seem by that article talk is now of a "Power" take over and not of a fans consortium.Is this just lazy journalism or a sign of the way things are going?Are Power and his advisor  the only backers of the consortium?

/
W56196272
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #131 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 10:30:41 »

All us fans back the trust and the consortium but i am wondering about a few things:-

1.Is there any other backers involved in the consortium apart from Power and Emmell?

2.Are they looking to completley buy the club?

3.What are their plans for the ground/money for players etc?

Us fans need to know things like this but hopefully this current board won't be around much longer!!
Northern Red

« Reply #132 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 13:25:29 »

"It should be emphasised that the Wills family are not actively looking to sell the Club" - Martin Starnes 4/12/06

Ummm this sounds very different to the 'this board is an interim solution and we will step aside the moment an investor is prepared to inject funds into the club' or similar that did the rounds a few weeks or months back.

Funny that now there is an investor in place, the club aren't necessarily wanting to sell. Seems to stink of this board/club lying and deceiving its fans again.

Power in!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 13:51:19 »

and Bob Holt at a meeting saying they'd snap someones hand off if they had the money to buy the club, plus his comments about being able to smell the burning leather if they received an offer, and SSW saying he couldn't afford to keep going unless the ground was developed.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 14:36:49 »

This is horrible now - sat here waiting for a press release on the official site to say they board have packed their bags and are on the way out, BP currently swilling some red wine with Paul Sturrock discussing a few transfers in Jan...

Just hanging on, waiting....and waiting...

But then thats better than the nightmare prospect of Diamandis et al being there for eternity.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: