Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yesterdays Ratings, and a 'not good enough' result  (Read 1372 times)
DMR

« on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 12:32:32 »

Rhys- Niether goal was his fault, he made some good parries in the second 45 and collected crosses well, but kept rolling it to the full backs when he should belt it- 7

Jenkins- quiet game, did reasonably well throughout the game and didn't fuck about on the ball like the rest of them- 6

Heywood- definately the best defender for me, won lots of tackles and covered for the often absent So'H, put his head in- 7

O'Hanlon- for me, his worst game in a Town shirt, it was that sloppy. He kept legging it up pitch and not once was he back in time to cover. Lost his man for the first goal and kept backing off with the second goal, and he's too quiet to be captain- 4

Duke- let his recent standards slip a bit, crap passing which gave the ball away too much, and like the others, dwelled on the ball too long- 5

Igoe- one of his better efforts recently, full of running and caused problems when he stayed wide, linked up well with Jenks- 7

Hewlett- got steadily worse as the game went on, but defended admirably in the last 10 minutes when we getting battered, I still think this bloke should be captain because he organised well- 5

Smith- very good performance, played lots of nice passes and got stuck in, always looked for the attacking pass or shot- 8

Holmeboy- what a splendid display, gave their right back a torrid time, beat him over and over, pumped in shit loads of crosses, wonderful switch of play for our second goal- 9 (motm)

Slabber- fucking crap, didn't work or chase, missed the easiest header-chance in the world in the second 45, got tackled every time he tried to hold the ball up, no wonder Holmes wasn't passing it to him at the end. I don't think it's lack of confidence with JS, I think it's lack of ability- 3

Parkin- well, we'd be fucked without him, got 2 goals, the second of which was taken with class, and defended well from their set pieces, better than Sean did!- 8

On the whole, we didn't play badly but there seemed to me to be a lack of fight yesterday, Torquay, with the help of the officials, won/were awarded every 50:50 in the game. The TQ equaliser, on reflection, was a good goal but he should never have been allowed to come that far. Quite frankly, we were out battled and out passed by a team whom we really should have beaten, especially from 2-1 up.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 16:12:48 »

For the second goal the space just opened up before him as neither of the two defenders closed him down and they made it easy for him to score a good goal.

How the first town goal went in I will never know!
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 18:45:06 »

Because the keeper just laid on the floor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: