Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some thoughts on yesterday's game......  (Read 1441 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 00:26:53 »

Torquay are one of the few clubs that make a profit.....think its the bowls and social club.

The ground is much changed since my last visit.......think they had a fire, just before Bradford but nobody much noticed......small scale terracing though is still the dogs, for a defiantly lower league club.

We were fortunate to escape with a point,  in any given game even when dominating, we're an individual error waiting to happen....still seeing as how I thought we'd get turned over, a point is better than none.

For a team nicknamed  the Gulls, I was impressed by the number of Herring Gulls, which from time to time wheeled over the ground.

It might have turned into a Hitchcock film for King if a third had gone in and no substitutions.
Spencer_White

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 09:50:25 »

That was good fun yesterday.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 16:14:43 »

We all had a good larf me thinks! Especially with it being packed and us making all the noise from 2 till 5!
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 18:46:43 »

You're going down and your fans are shit
You're going down and your fans are shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 20, 2005, 20:54:19 »

Good game, decent performance, great support.

My marks out of ten as follows (Can't be bothered with explanations/justification for each player)

Evans..........6

Jenkins........6
O'Hanlon......7
Heywood......7
Duke...........7

Igoe............7
Pipe Cleaner Man....6
Smith..........7
Holmes........8

Parkin..........8
Slobber........6

On another day we could have won, then again we could have lost.  I only ask for three things from a performance: Commitment, application and effort (Well, you might argue that effort and commitment were the same thing)  Whatover, both/all three were in evidence yesterday.

Marvellous pasties too (see separate thread).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: