Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON - BURY  (Read 18425 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 22:23:18 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
I was quite bored for 80min, last 10 min was the most entertaining,

P Smith was average, made one decisive save, didnt really have much eles to do,

J Smith had a bit of a shocker at times but again played some good football

New guy Timlin, made some good passes, looked confident on the ball when under pressure

Roberts was utter cack, but how can one complain if he socres goals,

Shakes had a good game, played good football down wing, did his job.

All in all it was a win which we deserved, own goal or not, bury were shit.

They also had a 12th man, i.e the ref, who was giving them every desision, one of their guys should have been sent off for  kicking the ball away and pushing adie,but only got a yellow.

Oh well 2nd in league, cant comlpain.

pretty much sums it up for me. a thoroughly unentertaining game but i've come to expect little else this season.

my only disagreement is that i thought bury were alright, not the worst i've seen this year.

oh and i was still sat in tesco car park when you posted this...you cunt.
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 22:37:14 »

Quote from: Chubbs

New guy Timlin, made some good passes, looked confident on the ball when under pressure

dont know what game you was watching he was kacker than roberts by far
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 22:53:20 »

Quote from: stfc_steve

dont know what game you was watching he was kacker than roberts by far

what an elequent retort steven

he showed some good touches as in...we kept the ball.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 23:26:21 »

We weren't at our best, but we were better than Bury. I thought Timlin (Bearing in mind he's only been here for two days) showed a lot of promise.

What a bunch of negative cunts. Ok, we didn't play fantastically well, but  we got the three points.

Talk about the glass being half empty............................

It's All Good..............
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 23:33:33 »

Quote from: "herthab"
We weren't at our best, but we were better than Bury. I thought Timlin (Bearing in mind he's only been here for two days) showed a lot of promise.

What a bunch of negative cunts. Ok, we didn't play fantastically well, but  we got the three points.

i resent that! i'm a fucking happy bastard

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonic youth

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 00:19:31 »

bollocks, we were awful - especially in comparison to the last game i saw which was roberts carlyle at home.

i'm not being negative whatsoever, i'm just not pulling any punches in my assesment of the game.

we deserved to win, no doubt about that, but we went about it with little style or panache.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 00:39:24 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
but we went about it with little style or panache.

The Argyle and Wednesday fans I've spoke to have said this is how Sturrock operates - if it means promotion then so be it.

Playing mediocre football and winning is a good sign for promotion if you ask me  Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 10:15:43 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

bollocks, we were awful - especially in comparison to the last game i saw which was roberts carlyle at home.

i'm not being negative whatsoever, i'm just not pulling any punches in my assesment of the game.

we deserved to win, no doubt about that, but we went about it with little style or panache.

we were awful - I dont think so.

No, we were not brilliant but we were far from awful.

Our first goal was actually a pretty decent move....
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 12:02:05 »

DV I agree, you can't label yesterday's performance as awful.

I'd also argue against calling Roberts lazy.  Thought he did alright.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 12:05:22 »

No roberts was being lazy, 9 out of 10 times if the ball wasnt played directly to his feet or he knew in his head theres a chance he's not going to get the ball, he did not challenge for it, if he got tackled he would not attempt to get it back.

On the odd occasion he did well, and scored a good goal, which as soon as he shot i saw it going over the fucking ground (thats what would have happened if it was FM07 anyway)
red macca

« Reply #130 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 14:15:11 »

No roberts was being lazy, 9 out of 10 times if the ball wasnt played directly to his feet or he knew in his head theres a chance he's not going to get the ball, he did not challenge for it, if he got tackled he would not attempt to get it back.

On the odd occasion he did well, and scored a good goal, which as soon as he shot i saw it going over the fucking ground (thats what would have happened if it was FM07 anyway)
sorry mate that is bollocks,he was the only striker yesterday who was closing down and running down the channels,he robbed the left back after closing him down .that was one of his best performances for me this season and everytime he got the ball he looked like he wanted to do something
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 14:26:32 »

I agree Macca, it seems the in thing to call Robbo lazy at the moment.  He was the only attacking player who looked capable of getting us the 3 points yesterday (which he did).

funny how he always seems to divide the fans opinion on him though, did it at city doing it here.  Half the fans appreciate his efforts the only half think he's just lazy.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 14:47:51 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I agree Macca, it seems the in thing to call Robbo lazy at the moment.  He was the only attacking player who looked capable of getting us the 3 points yesterday (which he did).

Quite right. Opposing strikers seem to do no more running about than him, but concentrate on scoring with intense penetrative bursts, which Roberts is excellent at when his head is right, as yesterday.
There were signs of good football I thought, and we had some bad luck with good through balls which were cut out. I thought it was a good game to watch, except for a spell when we were panicking and hoofing anywhere and it felt like last season again in my view. We got a grip though and finished the game strongly.

ust be the oldest
STFC Village

« Reply #133 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 14:51:11 »

Quote from: "normy"
intense penetrative bursts
:shag:
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 15:36:05 »

I thought Roberts was the MOTM yesterday. Finally playing with confidence and some fire in his belly.

Shame he didn't get credited for his second goal.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: