Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Snow refuses to wear a Poppy  (Read 1827 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 03:56:39 »

No hes a cunt now shut it.

/
W56196272
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:51:31 »

My inititial reaction was that he as a bit of a prick but then I actually read what he had said and I can see his point. He does actually wear a poppy when he's not presenting the news. This is what he said:

" I am begged to wear an Aids Ribbon, a breast cancer ribbon, a Marie Curie flower... You name it, from the Red Cross to the RNIB, they send me stuff to wear to raise awareness, and I don't. And in those terms, and those terms alone, I do not and will not wear a poppy.

Additionally there is a rather unpleasant breed of poppy fascism out there - 'he damned well must wear a poppy!' Well I do, in my private life, but I am not going to wear it or any other symbol on air."

I respect our armed forces, the sacrifice and the loss, and like others I remember them on Remembrance Sunday. That's the way it is."

It's a bit of a fuss about nothing really.
sonic youth

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 10:00:28 »

i don't really see why he has a problem then. i hope he forgets to take it off before he goes on air today, that'll learn him
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 10:25:04 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Wearing a Poppy is quite clearly where its at for the cool kids.

I bought one but im wearing a pin at the moment cos it fell off.

I've had three so far this year - they usually last a morning before I start wearing my pin with pride. Wish they'd come up with a better way of attaching them
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: