Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: **Swindon v Hereford matchday thread**  (Read 15688 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:35:37 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
NMH's absence is noted, must be about 8am over there, poor show.

(Barnsley 1 - 0 Leeds. Ahem)

Sorry, Mrs NMH insisted that I went to the gym ! Crying

I'm reliving the match now through reading post. Have no idea what the score was ! Am excited !!!!

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:41:02 »

F*ck !

Wish I hadn't bothered now ! Crying

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sussex

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:45:06 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
Sorry, Mrs NMH insisted that I went to the gym ! Crying

I'm reliving the match now through reading post. Have no idea what the score was ! Am excited !!!!

NMH

I nearly added 'he's probably at the gym' when I wrote it.  :shock:
DMR

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:47:30 »

Quote from: "manc red"
ffs whats up with the cock today??

nothing was 'up' he was the same as usual

plenty of decent first-touches and effort, usually far too deep- coupled with the fact that overall he's actually a bit of a cart horse- meant he was relatively crap
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 21:07:12 »

I don't think it was a terrible performance today, at all. We had our chances and if we were able to finish, we could have gone away with all three points and won by 4 or so....
I thought Peacock played well, but he seems to lack confidence infront of goal. Pook was surprisingly very good, whereas Evans was surprisingly poor IMO. But you have to let him off as he's just regaining full fitness.
Roberts played well and showed some neat touches, but like Peacock, cannot finish off chances in the final third (apart from the goal, of course)

I can't remember Hereford attacking us much at all....they were very good on the counter attack, i will give them that, but we were all over them for the majority of the match, but again we struggle to finish our chances and its cost us, once again.

Not a bad performance, but we should have won this easily.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
sonic youth

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 22:22:53 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

plenty of decent first-touches and effort, usually far too deep- coupled with the fact that overall he's actually a bit of a cart horse- meant he was relatively crap

or rather nobody was within 10 foot of him whenever he won the ball, meaning he can't exactly do anything with it and loses it.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 00:28:20 »

a typical Town performance today. looked sharp went ahead then concede a stupid equaliser due to a mistake then lose our way and half time can't come quick enough for us. then we come out second half and batter them only for them to get a shit goal on the break. unlucky? yes but you have to take your chances in football and we didn't
DMR

« Reply #82 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 01:20:17 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

or rather nobody was within 10 foot of him whenever he won the ball, meaning he can't exactly do anything with it and loses it.

to an extent i agree.

but 10 foot?! thats 3 fucking yards. the fact he cant make a 3 yd pass sums him up.
fjortoft

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 02:05:46 »

IMO today was just king and Iffy eras revisited.  We were poor and Hereford were worse yet managed to lose because we didn't get into positions to finish chances.  Very depressing.  Thought Evans and Peacocok were particularly poor although it was Evo's first game back.  We missed Weston in the middle and Williams at the back.  On the plus side, Roberts was back to early season form.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 02:34:35 »

That was shite! 6 points dropped in the last 2 games.  

I cant think of owt else to say. Shrug

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 09:24:02 »

we had so much possesion at one point when hereford gained possesion we were singing to their fans "whats it like to have the ball"

if we had a parkin like figure we would have scored 5 today, we desperately need a goalscorer, i think that is more important than a manager.
sonic youth

« Reply #86 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 14:41:48 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

to an extent i agree.

but 10 foot?! thats 3 fucking yards. the fact he cant make a 3 yd pass sums him up.

it's not that he can't make the pass, it's that there's nobody near him because he has to drop so deep to get the ball or push out wide because brown is playing in central midfield.
red macca

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 14:57:58 »

but thats his choice sonic that is how he plays and thats fair enough.the fact is we dont want him dropping deep and going out wide i would say i want him in the box but when he is he does fuck all.anyone else notice that when a cross comes in he jumps about 2 seconds to early.

as for jamie vincent dont get me fuckin started on him
DMR

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 18:03:29 »

Quote from: "red macca"
but thats his choice sonic that is how he plays and thats fair enough.the fact is we dont want him dropping deep and going out wide i would say i want him in the box but when he is he does fuck all.anyone else notice that when a cross comes in he jumps about 2 seconds to early.

agreed with all of this. vincent is sound defensively but he's just got no awareness of whats around him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, November 5, 2006, 19:51:00 »

Quote from: "red macca"

agreed with all of this. vincent is sound defensively but he's just got no awareness of whats around him.

Nicho HAS to play left back with Big Willie back in the middle.Vincent is a ball-watcher,a liability at the back.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: