Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: **Swindon v Hereford matchday thread**  (Read 15765 times)
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 17:49:27 »

How we didn't win today, I'll never know. We were all over them, until they scored in both halves. Peacock could have had a couple with headers and Brown ought to have scored from a yard in front of the town end. Fola shouldn't have been dropped, we've seen he can cause problems despite not being a natural finisher...hope he play in place of Shakes next week.

New keeper doesn't seem to keen to come for crosses and maybe he should have raced out to clear the ball before their first goal.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 17:51:50 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
How we didn't win today, I'll never know.

because we were fucking shite

We kept lumping it forward, and when we did get it out wide we lumped it into the box without anyone even in there.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 17:58:01 »

The performance reminded me of some of the games last season. Awful.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:04:36 »

we were not all over them at all STFC Chris, we just fucking hit long balls all day long that Roberts wont bother ever jumping for, in centre mid we have Evans who is the best passer at the club, so we miss him out and go from defence to attack and give possesion away, FUCKING SHIT PERFORMANCE
STFC Village

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:04:54 »

Can only echo DV's comments, fucking dreadful today. Hereford were appallingly bad, which says it all really.

Please please please appoint Sturrock next week
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:06:29 »

I didnt bother today but the game on the radio seems to have been a completely different one to the game people on here saw?

/
W56196272
Spud

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:12:21 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Can only echo DV's comments, fucking dreadful today. Hereford were appallingly bad, which says it all really.

Swindontartanarmy told my mate on the phone that during the Celtic Vs Hearts game the commentators said that Sturrock would be appointed Tuesday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:12:34 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I didnt bother today but the game on the radio seems to have been a completely different one to the game people on here saw?

I thought it was a decent sort of game.....this is Div 4, Hereford worked hard showed more passion than our players, and  were quick on the break.

We played some neat stuff at times, but huff and puff when it comes to the business end.

I believe part of the problem is that some of our players think they're better than what they are.....it's imperitive that a new man comes in to kick some arse......Barry Hunter's Barmy Army
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:15:11 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

I thought it was a decent sort of game.....this is Div 4, Hereford worked hard showed more passion than our players, and  were quick on the break.

We played some neat stuff at times, but huff and puff when it comes to the business end.

I believe part of the problem is that some of our players think they're better than what they are.....it's imperitive that a new man comes in to kick some arse......Barry Hunter's Barmy Army

Echoed by Browns(who else) post match comments "if you look at the sides on paper we have 11 better players on the pitch than they do,though of course the game isnt played on paper"Mind thats probably true isnt it?

/
W56196272
adje

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:16:39 »

Lincoln are better than us and I haven't seen Walsall yet-but I'd suspect they are as well

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:17:03 »

As usual we has a promising first 30 min, playing the wings spreading play out, then after we scored we just fell asleep, we had chance after chance, ifil's over head being the best but no one could score.

All in all a once again the better team lost when she shouldnt have.

Appoint a manager, i dont care who, just someone.
DMR

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:18:33 »

I disagree they looked dangerous on the counter attack and i can't remeber clear cut chances for us too often
normy

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:19:32 »

There was very little wing play to get behind the defence, mostly long balls which Peacock often headed, but failed to find our players. Roberts did not even jump for headers, as per usual,but got in to a few good positions with skill and speed, only to waste them with poor long range shots or trying to do too much.
Think we missed Fola rampaging around, and Adie's calm speaking presence in defence.

ust be the oldest
STFC Village

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:20:11 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

I disagree they looked dangerous on the counter attack and i can't remeber clear cut chances for us too often
I didn't say we had any clear cut chances? We were shit, they were slightly less shit
Spud

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, November 4, 2006, 18:20:39 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

How about the cross by Roberts right across the box in the 2nd half which Peacock completely missed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: