Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Keeper  (Read 6809 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 13:03:33 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
A one month deal though. That's fucking handy.

New keeper each month for the rest of the season then..?!

Was thinking exactly the same thing.

Still he will be better than Smith and will probably go straight into the team at the weekend

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 13:06:07 »

Quote from: "pauld"
To be fair, an initial month makes sense - see how he gets on, don't lumber new manager with a season-long loan he might not want, option to extend for rest of season wouldn't take up another loan option etc. Makes sense all round if you ask me. Apparently he was the dog's whatnots before he was injured (erm, well, according to a couple of random Preston posters I've seen this morning) - certainly had a good run of first-team starts in a side that were challenging for promotion to the Prem.

I was initially thinking 'a month, is that all?' when I first saw the news on the bbs site. Then I had a bit of a think about it and came to the same conclusion as you. Although it would be wasteful if there was not an option to extend the loan.
Sussex

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 13:09:28 »

The article on thisis, says 'initial' month loan. The OS didn't mention that. Knobs.
Sharky

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 13:41:20 »

He is only coming as it benefits preston to get him match fit and in form again.
Does seem like a bit of a waste of a short term loan to me but if he is good then i'm not concerned!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 13:44:01 »

Question is: Is he going to play or will Smith still be betwen the sticks ? Can't understand him coming if he isn't going to play, but from what you have all said, Smith has been very good.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 15:17:15 »

didn't he score against leicester a few years back? one of hig goal kicks went over the other keepers head?

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 15:27:45 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
A bit small ! and never been that impressed with him .. and for one month??? what  a waste of a loan

And you have seen him play how many times exactly?
red macca

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 15:28:57 »

A bit small ! and never been that impressed with him .. and for one month??? what  a waste of a loan
you really are a miserable cunt sometimes
fatbury

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 15:56:20 »

Hes 6ft 3 .. but small in build .. saw him play on the telly quite a few times for Preston .. just never rated him .. they are better keeper out there thats all im saying - also shows why we need to appoint a new manager now rather than persist with Williams .. by using up loans he is wasting the new bosses loan picks ..
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 16:09:36 »

Hes 6ft 3 .. but small in build .. saw him play on the telly quite a few times for Preston .. just never rated him .. they are better keeper out there thats all im saying - also shows why we need to appoint a new manager now rather than persist with Williams .. by using up loans he is wasting the new bosses loan picks ..

Maybe there are better keepers out there, but are they available (and/or willing) to come to Swindon to sit on the bench for a month?
Piemonte

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 16:10:28 »

We've only used 2 of our 6 (?) short term loans and none of our season long loans (2 or 3 permitted???) . We're hardly at crisis point yet are we?
sonic youth

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 17:02:03 »

6'3'' is really small, innit.

we need a backup 'keeper. lonergan will do nicely.

end of discussion.

(p.s. piemonte, brez is a year long loan deal)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 17:25:28 »

"Hes 6ft 3 .. but small in build .. saw him play on the telly quite a few times for Preston .. just never rated him .. they are better keeper out there thats all im saying"

That must one of the most bizarre posts ever.  He's 6ft 3 but small in build.  So what do you want a fat 6ft 3 keeper who can't get off the ground.

"There are better keepers out there.."  So what, are they available for loan, would they come here??  Williams has done well to arrange this so quickly, we need cover we've got it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 17:32:59 »

if it wasn't for his lenghty injuries he'd have been snapped up by a Prem club (Arsenal and Fulham were mentioned).

Before his injuries i'd rate him as the best young keeper in the country.

Very good player, far too good for League Two. Amazing signing for Swindon.

Sounds good!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 2, 2006, 17:55:46 »

Some people just moan about fucking nothing!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: