Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: new swindon shirt on toffs  (Read 3632 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 17:49:03 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Well, clearly it changed - we played in red and black in 72-73 and then black and white in the two seasons following! Erm, I'll get me coat ...

Ho-Ho... That and the badge shifting from the middle to the side  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 18:12:01 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Fucking ace

How young was Jimmy Allen there (last pic)

Reg Huh???

David Moss

Dave Syrett (went to Mansfield)

Burrows and Trollope

ACE !

I seem to recall JA making his debut in 71 aged about 18, same game as Kenny Stroud.

So at the start of 74 /75 he'd have been about 21.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 18:17:35 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
That was the kit around about 72/73....when we also wore black shorts and socks.

It was a fairly grizzly period in STFC history, marked by the break up of the great 68/69 side, the sale of Don Rogers, dramatically falling gates against a backdrop of power cuts, strikes and the three day week.  The drop into Div 3 with the appointment of an internal candiiate was inevitable.

And the ghostly figure of Dave Mackay-a candidate for worst Town manager of all time

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 18:26:58 »

Quote from: "adje"
That was the kit around about 72/73....when we also wore black shorts and socks.

It was a fairly grizzly period in STFC history, marked by the break up of the great 68/69 side, the sale of Don Rogers, dramatically falling gates against a backdrop of power cuts, strikes and the three day week.  The drop into Div 3 with the appointment of an internal candiiate was inevitable.

And the ghostly figure of Dave Mackay-a candidate for worst Town manager of all time

I wouldn't quite put Mackay in that category, remember he was an internal appointment having originally signed as a player.......Les Allen, another cheap internal, definitely has a claim to being the worst STFC manager in living memory.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 19:05:41 »

Anyone know where Mossy is now? Last time i saw him was at the forresters arms over Purton way,  i also heard that he had taken a pub in Lyneham but that was about 15-20 years ago.

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 09:48:12 »

I like it.... Looks a bit like the 1978 Scotland shirt

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
fatbury

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 10:03:28 »

Love the shirt .. I want one!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 17:25:15 »

I wouldn't quite put Mackay in that category, remember he was an internal appointment having originally signed as a player.......Les Allen, another cheap internal, definitely has a claim to being the worst STFC manager in living memory.

....but Allen was left an almost impossible task by Mackay though Reg,dont you think?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 17:28:38 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"

Hopefully getting that for one of my Christmas pressies!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 17:43:48 »

....but Allen was left an almost impossible task by Mackay though Reg,dont you think?

No I don't think.....although DR had gone, we still had the nucleus of a decent side....Mossy was coming through and he had a bit of money to spend.....the likes of Mick McGovern, David Munks and Alan Spratley were terrible signings....LA is also the only STFC manager ever  to lose a game at the CG to the scum.
Roddy_Radiation

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 09:28:07 »

Had one of these shirts delivered last week and well impressed with the quality, well worth getting but had to wait for over a month to get it delivered! I suspect that they probably wait for a few orders to come through before printing so that can save on costs so if a few of you put in orders now you may get them a bit quicker.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 09:42:25 »

Quote from: "Roddy_Radiation"
Had one of these shirts delivered last week and well impressed with the quality, well worth getting but had to wait for over a month to get it delivered! I suspect that they probably wait for a few orders to come through before printing so that can save on costs so if a few of you put in orders now you may get them a bit quicker.

Unfortunately, Toffs are notoriously slow in their delivery Sad

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 09:43:05 »

Quote from: "janaage"

What?? The Swindon or Scotland shirt? I want both Cheesy

mattboyslim

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 12:33:21 »

My Toffs shirt, the 60s one is great quality, really thick. But the sizes are a bit awry, the sleeves are a bit short and the cut a little tight for those with omething of a gut, so be a bit cautious and order a size larger if in doubt.  When will they make a '69 replica?  I'm also a huge fan of the score draw 80s shirts with sponsors on, very few available due to sponsorship and manufacturer issues though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 17:38:29 »

Quote from: "janaage"

What?? The Swindon or Scotland shirt? I want both Cheesy

Scotland one, probably gonna order from the Scotland site though, not toffs direct.  

Looks quality!!  Big collar, big badge, big v neck - very 70's very cool!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: