Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON v LINCOLN MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 14559 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 18:09:30 »

you thought Fola was MotM Phil!!!!!

Get a clue, he missed from a yard out with an open goal, then headed the ball right at the keeper on a one on one.

He was by far the worst player for us today, and dare I say it but Christian Roberts would have scored a couple today

Onibuje has pace, and some skill. Stick him on the right wing and let him do the setting up instead of finishing
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 18:16:41 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Weston motm for me, not sure about the strikers though Phil, fola was involved but gash, and Peacock did fuck all.

Vincents fucking crap, play Nicho left back when ifil returns. He's like a hoofball merchant Ifil but worse.

Fola did some neat things though, but on occassions fucked up slightly. Was unlucky not to score, but should have bagged himself one in the first half.
I thought Peacock worked very hard and was very good with the ball at his feet, in my opinion.

I totally agree about Vincent. In other games he seems to do alright and keeps it simple, but his distribution like you say, was woeful. Plus he seems to stand off his man to much.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 18:18:14 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Get a clue, he missed from a yard out with an open goal, then headed the ball right at the keeper on a one on one.

He was by far the worst player for us today, and dare I say it but Christian Roberts would have scored a couple today

Onibuje has pace, and some skill. Stick him on the right wing and let him do the setting up instead of finishing

He worked hard, got in some good positions and linked up well with play.
I agree he should have come away with a goal though.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 18:54:46 »

Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"

HE MISSED FROM A YARD OUT!!!

Strikers are supposed to score goals and today he didnt...
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 19:04:58 »

A yard out? I must have missed that. That doesnt mean he played badly all game though  Wink

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 19:10:13 »

I must have been to a different game! First half we pissed all over them! I thought our approach play was some of the best I've seen all season. For me, weston, peacock and smith were very good. The rest also played well for most of the first 45 minutes.
 The problem is the same as it's been all season. Finishing. Hardley a chance on target all game. Fola creates problems down the flank, so why don't we play him there? Substitutions were wrong in my opinion. I'd like to see Rhodes up front, playing off peacock.  And I couldn't see why Brownlie came on at all.
The goal was the result of a massive mistake by Ady, felt sorry for him as apart from that he hardley put a foot wrong. The whole game changed when they scored and that's my one worry, the fact that with ady on the pitch, changes didn't seem to be made fast enough, and I'm not just talking about substitutions. Hopefully Ady will name himself as sub next week. Not because he had a bad game, cos he didn't, but because he needs to be dictating from the touchline. Nicholas played well enough to keep his place.

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 19:17:06 »

A yard out? I must have missed that. That doesnt mean he played badly all game though  Wink

right before half time, Peacock played a ball over the top to Brown who got passed his man and crossed it on and Onibuje missed the ball!!!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 20:51:05 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I must have been to a different game! First half we pissed all over them! I thought our approach play was some of the best I've seen all season. For me, weston, peacock and smith were very good. The rest also played well for most of the first 45 minutes.
 The problem is the same as it's been all season. Finishing. Hardley a chance on target all game. Fola creates problems down the flank, so why don't we play him there? Substitutions were wrong in my opinion. I'd like to see Rhodes up front, playing off peacock.  And I couldn't see why Brownlie came on at all.
The goal was the result of a massive mistake by Ady, felt sorry for him as apart from that he hardley put a foot wrong. The whole game changed when they scored and that's my one worry, the fact that with ady on the pitch, changes didn't seem to be made fast enough, and I'm not just talking about substitutions. Hopefully Ady will name himself as sub next week. Not because he had a bad game, cos he didn't, but because he needs to be dictating from the touchline. Nicholas played well enough to keep his place.

didn't HerthaB lose 2-0 today? what match were you at?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 21:07:07 »

didn't HerthaB lose 2-0 today? what match were you at?[/quote]

Yeah, Hertha lost, again.

Was at Swindon, difficult to go to Berlin every other week for football when you live in Yeovil!
 Only really look out for their results cos I was born there.

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 12:15:19 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Only really look out for their results cos I was born there.

I look out for Hannover 96's games as I used to live close by.

Moving on....

I found the Lincoln bosses statement after the game quite odd...

Quote from: "John Schofield"
Nobody expected us to get anything today

I think a fair few people might have expected Lincoln to get a result to be honest. What with Lincoln flying at the moment and Swindon having an almighty shit week with moral low.

Ah well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: