Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alan Reeves SIGNS ....  (Read 4698 times)
fatbury

« on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 07:30:11 »

For Sutton United !  :shock:
(taken from www.nonleaguedaily.com)

Ian Hazel, manager of Nationwide South club Sutton United, has added considerable experience to his squad by signing veteran former Wimbledon defender Alan Reeves.

Hazel, who also moved to capture ex-Kingstonian midfielder Bashiru Alimi (pictured) from fellow Nationwide South side Farnborough Town, turned to Reeves after the 38-year-old finally left Swindon Town where he was coaching the reserve side.

Reeves (pictured above), 38, has struggled for fitness after breaking his leg playing against Wycombe in the Carling Cup last August.

During a career which began in 1989 and included four years at then Premiership Wimbledon, Reeves has made more than 500 appearances to his name.

He joined Swindon in 1998 and became their longest-serving player in racking up almost 250 senior matches.

He left the club at the end of the season, after the sacking of Iffy Onuora and the appointment of Dennis Wise as manager.

Recently, Hazel released striker Carl Gibbs, goalkeeper Clint Davies and midfielder Ryan Crockford.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 09:50:53 »

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeves
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 09:53:34 »

Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeves
I concur
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 09:57:00 »

pleased to see him playing the game again .. I was there that night he broke the leg .. you could hear it crack .. Dont know if Sutton are still in the FA Cup and a return is possible?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 10:35:31 »

Thank fuck he won't be coming back to STFC then.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 14:47:53 »

I lost a bit of respect for Reeeeves, when I saw him in a drinking establishment I frequent, out with Iffy and Woan.   Not because of that, but the rough dog he was trying to inveigle himself upon in a darkened corner.....come on  I know he's no oil painting and from Birkenhead, but even old footballers should have more class and leave the rough stuff to us mere mortals.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 15:11:59 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I lost a bit of respect for Reeeeves, when I saw him in a drinking establishment I frequent, out with Iffy and Woan.   Not because of that, but the rough dog he was trying to inveigle himself upon in a darkened corner.....come on  I know he's no oil painting and from Birkenhead, but even old footballers should have more class and leave the rough stuff to us mere mortals.
Your only jealous cos his tackle is harder than yours. Wink
mattboyslim

« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 15:12:20 »

Top Bloke, used to serve him regularly in the hotel where I worked, glad to seem him back in the game!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:01:27 »

Quote from: "janaage"

I agree Jan, knowing this board they probably had Iffy, Reeves & co lined up for a return.
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:04:45 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"

I agree Jan, knowing this board they probably had Iffy, Reeves & co lined up for a return.
he probably heard they were lining him up and thought fuck that im coming out of retirement broken leg or no broken leg
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:05:54 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Your only jealous cos his tackle is harder than yours. Wink

My tackles harder than Pele's....and he's the best player ever.
sonic youth

« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:23:44 »

Quote from: "red macca"

he probably heard they were lining him up and thought fuck that im coming out of retirement broken leg or no broken leg
Cheesy

Didn't Jimmy Allan(?) continue to play football at non-league level after he was forced to retire following a broken hand? Reg will correct me no doubt.

I would have liked to see Reeves back at the club in some random token gesture role, he's a symbol of our recent demise.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:43:34 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "red macca"

Cheesy

Didn't Jimmy Allan(?) continue to play football at non-league level after he was forced to retire following a broken hand? Reg will correct me no doubt.

I would have liked to see Reeves back at the club in some random token gesture role, he's a symbol of our recent demise.

No JA was completely fucked.....he retired to sell insurace and preach at the Elim Pentecostal Church....in Gorse Hill

Some years late rhe moved to Torrington in Devon and played some games for them keeping with one hand.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:56:34 »

nice to see him playing again....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: