Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading's Dad is bigger than Swindon's dad  (Read 6518 times)
Newburyroyal

« on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 15:11:03 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
absolutely Barry .. ive only been going for 27 years  :roll:  (thats sarcasm by the way!)

Reading tho ..no way!!! I hate them!!! RUN RUN RUN RUN READING!

Sorry mate we're full. Maybe when the ground is extended the end of summer though yeah?  Wink
land_of_bo

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 15:24:11 »

Quote from: "Newburyroyal"
absolutely Barry .. ive only been going for 27 years  :roll:  (thats sarcasm by the way!)

Sorry mate we're full. Maybe when the ground is extended the end of summer though yeah?  Wink

There will be 000's of spare seats after you get relegated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 15:33:58 »

It was hard to get tickets last year too apparently. Yet the ground had 100's of empty seats. It's as if pople were buying season tickets and waiting for the Premiership year(s) to use them....
Newburyroyal

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:01:39 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"

yeah your probably right. You got 15,000 in the prem like 5,000 now, see what you mean.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:26:32 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"

yeah your probably right. You got 15,000 in the prem like 5,000 now, see what you mean.
Actually its closer to 7000, which is more than double what you got in this division.

(Yes, the mighty Royals were once in the lower echelons of the football league. Long time ago though, almost last millennium infact! You can't be blamed for not remembering that far back)
Newburyroyal

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:33:38 »

County ground was far nicer than elm park, and football crowds have risen shit loads since those days. Pompey, west ham, birmingham and WBA were all getting crowds of under 20,000 when we were last there. If we were relegated 3 times now, we'd still be above 10,000 on average in a season. Not slating your attendene so far, but its nice to be the "big club" down there. Lets see how many you get if/when your mid table in league two next year shall we?

AS said before on another thread reeves, water off a ducks back claiming I havn;t followed reading long enough to remember that, bet I've followed reading consistently a lot longer than half this board have swindon based on age.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:35:46 »

County ground was far nicer than elm park, and football crowds have risen shit loads since those days. Pompey, west ham, birmingham and WBA were all getting crowds of under 20,000 when we were last there. If we were relegated 3 times now, we'd still be above 10,000 on average in a season. Not slating your attendene so far, but its nice to be the "big club" down there. Lets see how many you get if/when your mid table in league two next year shall we?

AS said before on another thread reeves, water off a ducks back claiming I havn;t followed reading long enough to remember that, bet I've followed reading consistently a lot longer than half this board have swindon based on age.

My Dads bigger than your Dad.

It's All Good..............
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:40:56 »

If we were relegated 3 times now, we'd still be above 10,000 on average in a season.

Absolute bollocks and you know it. The plastics will all fuck off to Chelsea/Man Utd/<Insert successful team here>
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 16:53:33 »

That's funny cos when you played Middlesborough (first game of the season) i could see loads of empty Blue seats.

I guess the Plastics are picking their games this season?
Newburyroyal

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:11:40 »

The ground has 25,000 seats, segregation and disabled sections means we cannot sell every seat. Hence empty rows in front of the disabled section. We're plastic and all that, but what are your thoughts on the 8,000 that were there in the prem and aren't now? Surely its the same case. Interesting stat here i've looked at...

In 1997-98 we were relegated to division 2 from elm park( ground far worse than the county), you finished mid-table and we STILL got more than you.  That says a lot.

Reading          9.676     
Swindon                 9.506   

Remember we got sent down inside the city ground 1-0 after battering forest for large parts aswell.
Sussex

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:17:09 »

The ground has 25,000 seats, segregation and disabled sections means we cannot sell every seat. Hence empty rows in front of the disabled section.

So it's not just the plastics that aren't turning up, the spastics aren't bothering either.
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:29:53 »

The ground has 25,000 seats, segregation and disabled sections means we cannot sell every seat. Hence empty rows in front of the disabled section. We're plastic and all that, but what are your thoughts on the 8,000 that were there in the prem and aren't now? Surely its the same case

Oh no no no, don't try that "oh it's because of the segregation blah blah blah!" these empty seats i saw were in between various plastics in Reading shirts.

It wasnt a whole seperate block segregating Home fans from Away fans.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:34:33 »

The ground has 25,000 seats, segregation and disabled sections means we cannot sell every seat. Hence empty rows in front of the disabled section. We're plastic and all that, but what are your thoughts on the 8,000 that were there in the prem and aren't now? Surely its the same case. Interesting stat here i've looked at...

In 1997-98 we were relegated to division 2 from elm park( ground far worse than the county), you finished mid-table and we STILL got more than you.  That says a lot.

Reading          9.676     
Swindon                 9.506   

Remember we got sent down inside the city ground 1-0 after battering forest for large parts aswell.

I bet your tickets were cheaper though!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:39:12 »

FAO Newbury Royal.

We were shit. Then we were good. Then we were shit again. Then we were good. Now we're shit.

You were always shit. Now you're good. But you'll be shit again soon.

Hope that clears it all up.

It's All Good..............
Newburyroyal

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 17:50:58 »

Good post hertha, when you were good we didn;t whine like little bitches and result to cheap insults such as "plastic",etc.
Shit again soon? Hang on to that hope mate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: