Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mr Lee Holmes  (Read 3108 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 10:43:12 »

Does anyone know why Holmes can't be here until the end of the season.  In the adver it states that he's keen to sign up for a third and final month and then go back to Derby.  He says he's gutted to potentially miss out playing down in Cardiff in the PO final, if STFC get there.  Why can't we just sign him until May then?  Is there a rule that says if you sign a player on a short term loan you can't extend it to a long term loan?  Or am I just being thick?Huh??
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 10:50:15 »

That's what I thought.  Perhaps I am thick as well.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 10:54:24 »

well.... dunno! don't see why not. Knwoing Swindon they havn't figured that one out yet.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 11:29:52 »

i thought the deadline for long term loans finished with the transfer window, not sure though don't know if there is a limit to how many times you can extend a short term loan

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 11:31:04 »

The window only applies to Premiership clubs signing players (at the moment any way)
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 11:31:57 »

ok the transfer deadline, we still have that don't we?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 11:39:12 »

Yeah but surely then on Transfer deadline day we can sign him on load til the end of the season.  Can't we?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 11:42:17 »

Seems like the obvious thing to do.  Holmes could be the difference between making the play offs and coming nowhere IMO.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 12:15:25 »

I would imagine a 3 month loan is the maximum outside of a season long loan, which has to be sorted prior to a certain date.....which has passed.

Hopefully Holmes will be going back about the same time as Christian Roberts returns to full match fitness......just in time not to play against the Sh***y.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 12:56:44 »

Is there ANYTHING you don't know Reg?Huh??
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 12:57:46 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I would imagine a 3 month loan is the maximum outside of a season long loan, which has to be sorted prior to a certain date.....which has passed.

Hopefully Holmes will be going back about the same time as Christian Roberts returns to full match fitness......just in time not to play against the Sh***y.

i think reg is right. this happens in FM2005 and methinks this is why
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 12:57:47 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

That's the one; I clocked it while looking at the loan rules last season.  

Technically there would be nothing to stop us extending it as a new short term deal but that would then cost us one of remaining short term loans we have left.  Worth the sacrifice if you ask me.

Problem with long term loans is that the player cannot be recalled by their club, which puts managers off.  See Burley was close to recalling him the other week and with Derby’s injury problems and playoff run in I doubt they would go for any such deal.

Seems the faint glimmer of hope of a permanent move is also completely out of the question now.  Looks like the lad has attracted a lot of attention during his stay here and will be going on to greater things.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 13:23:57 »

Good luck to the bloke, he'll go a long way.  Glad to have seen a part of his career.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 13:34:34 »

We've had a few gems on loan over the last couple of seasons (Davis, Milner, Holmes in particular) Maybe, just maybe our Youth set up will produce one of its own one of these days.

And maybe, just maybe they will get to play in the first team before getting poached by a bigger club Crying
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2005, 13:39:57 »

Talking of which I see Lee Mills scored for Spurs' reserves/youth yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: