Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WISE IS STAYING!!  (Read 15159 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:51:40 »

What's all this about anyway?

Way I see it is that we could well be in the same division as Leeds next term whether they get their man or not and if I were Wise I'd rather get a team into L1 by going up with them rather than getting relegation to said division.

Surely he's got to think of the potential effect on his future cv?  I mean taking us up and possibly pushing on from there is more attractive than taking a club of Leeds stature to L1?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:52:19 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
While I reckon it would indeed be worth it if it meant keeping Wise and we would lose him otherwise, it would put a strange light on their "allegations" around the already committed overspend.

Why was it wrong for one senior club employee to spend money on things meant to improve our chances of promotion but ok for others?  Obviously that's if money was offered, in fairness it says better terms, so maybe they offered everything bar cash (struggling to think what)

So.................. the board can qoute that Linda Birrell was released as a cost cutting measure (which severely pissed Dennis off !)

Then they turn around and offer increased terms.

All this when a 750k overspend has already been commented on in the media by Dennis

Would'nt you scratch your head ?

Shrug
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:57:26 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
What's all this about anyway?

Way I see it is that we could well be in the same division as Leeds next term whether they get their man or not and if I were Wise I'd rather get a team into L1 by going up with them rather than getting relegation to said division.

Surely he's got to think of the potential effect on his future cv?  I mean taking us up and possibly pushing on from there is more attractive than taking a club of Leeds stature to L1?

Nah, if this logic was used by Managers then Sturrock would not have gone to Sheff Weds like so many before him.

Wise could well see:

1) a team that when doing well can bring in great crowds and plaudits for him

2) a squad that is underperforming - play offs last season with little change since then

3) take home pay

4) the fact that any job he goes to from here will be with a club struggling.  How often do Managers get offered roles at clubs doing well.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 18:02:56 »

Wise will go. No question. He was ambitious as a player and he's ambitious as a manager.

Maybe he would've stayed if Power and his money were still around, but I think he now feels that he'll be unable to acheive what he wants, given the financial constraints he'll be working under.

It's never dull being a Swindon fan, is it?

It's All Good..............
fatbury

« Reply #124 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 18:11:35 »

soon will be again under the new low quality manager
magnum150

« Reply #125 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 20:31:13 »

I had believed he may show some loyalty and a desire to see the job through.

How wrong I was :shake:

Gutted truly gutted.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 20:32:14 »

Quote from: "Johno"
if wise wants to leave this could all change so don't get so excited.

look what i said
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: