Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ratings v shrewsbury  (Read 1114 times)
DMR

« on: Sunday, October 22, 2006, 14:11:25 »

smith- thought he was excellent given the circumstances, i suspected we'd miss brez's ability to come and take the ball but smith did it expertly and a great last-gasp save- 8

vincent- play nicholas. he wasn't quite so bad yesterday but still backs off and gives players too much time on the ball. fucking pass it for once! don't just kick it- 5

ifil- thought he was a bit shaky yesterday, not convincing but did OK- 6

williams- a captains performance again. so good in the air and very composed on the ground- 7

jack smith- he impresses more and more every game, motm again for me- 8

shakes- fucking useless and i'm normally calling for his inclusion, just as well put brownlie back in as at least he doesn't continually bamboozle himself and miss sitters- 4

pook- reverted to type i.e. useless- 4

weston- the only midfielder to make any impact, i think his defensive work is excellent and showed some good quality going forward- 7

monkhouse- anonymous and their right hand sided players had the better of him- 5

peacock- thought he was back to his hard-working best and his touch was better, his best performance for a while- 7

fola- sometimes a real handful, sometimes a shakes. a goal but then he couldn't miss- 6

generally i thought we had the better of a really shit game other than the 20 minute spell either side of their goal, a real determined display and chuffed with the 3 points.

special mention to the fussiest referee i've ever seen- against both sides- who somehow contrived to play 90 minutes normal time and a combined total of 9,864 stoppage minutes.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 22, 2006, 14:11:58 »

i used the word thought alot in that, time to consault ye olde thesaurus
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 22, 2006, 16:01:50 »

I agree about Shakes, he was crap as usual. That shot at the end  

I was impressed by Peacock and Williams, both Smiths also had great games.

My ratings -

Smith - 8 solid display and perfect kicking

Smith 7, did well as usual, been class this season and can also cross the ball unlike Shakes

Ifil 7, solid shame about the yellow card

Williams 8, great in the air and his experience is vital

Vincent 7, did alright but would rather see Nicholas in the team

Shakes 4,  crap, that shot at the end summed up his performance

Pook 5, did nothing

Weston 8, lively and went on some good runs

Monkhouse 6, did alright but would rather see Brown on the left

Fola 6, apart from goal he was poor, some crap passes and overhit crosses. One Shrewsbury fan said he's the worst player he has ever seen  Cool

Peacock 8, very good performance and good in the air. Shame he got subbed

Subs -

Rhodes 5, no real impact

Brown 7, worked hard and a great shot for the goal
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: