Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 12315 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 21:47:22 »

Dish out a UEFA spot to the winners that'll sort it out.

Is the Intertwobob still going?  We could always apply for a place in that next year as well.

STFC Village

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 22:10:01 »

Meh
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 22:12:43 »

indeed
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 22:36:42 »

Dire. We didn't have a shot on target all game, infact I don't even remember us having a shot at all.

The goal was scored against the run of play, we were in control until then. Super finish, Smith never really had a chance it dipped wickedly but looked to be going over from where I was.

Whalley did alright, nothing spectacular but played his normal short, simple passes. Will be good to have another more attacking option in the middle again.
mr ian

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 22:37:31 »

Quote from: "mr ian"
we will lose 1-0

hate to say
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:29:31 »

Not the nest performance last night, not many of the players looked that interested really.

The only positive I took from the game was Whalley playing a full 90 minutes. He looked ok on the ball, kept it simple and broke up the play well on a few occasions.

I was very impressed with Pook in the second half. Spread the ball out wide, was constantly up and down the pitch and covered well for Ifil and Nicho when Wycombe had men over.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:44:33 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
The only positive I took from the game was Whalley playing a full 90 minutes.

:shock:

Monkhouse came on for WHALLEY on 73 minutes

Cool
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 08:05:16 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "sam_stfc"
The only positive I took from the game was Whalley playing a full 90 minutes.

:shock:

Monkhouse came on for WHALLEY on 73 minutes

Cool

Meh.
DribblingSissy

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:20:38 »

I went last night and I hate to say it but it was a really crap game and performance.....
No one looked bothered about trying to win it, other than Pook when he came on and Shakes' constant running.

I was impressed with Shakes in a way for his constant running after lost causes which won a couple of corners and throw in's high up the pitch, but other than that he offered nothing, no decent crosses....nothing!

Pook distributed well near the end of the game and Whalley broke up play well at points, but with no real killer balls as there was no movement other than Shakes running for the corner and losing out all the time.

Second half we tried a lot more down the left and it worked on the whole, but to be fair we never produced a decent cross let alone an end product!

And I know we still have Roberts (albeit injured), Peacock and Rhodes in line for playing up front, but Bronlie was shocking....I dont think he did one thing well...and 'JutIcantPronounceYourNameovich' was just plain crap.....i'm sorry but he was!...he was well out of his league last night and unless I have missed him playing well previously?... then I fail to see why he is in the squad at all!

Fola did ok, but for his size he didnt win as many headers as you'd expect him to, mainly I think due to lack of effort or commitment last night.

It showed unfortunately, just looked through the first half like Weston and Brownlie especially thought it was a little knock about with mates and didnt matter the result.....only in the second half did it get marginally better but in fairness had wycombe played any better I would have expected a thumping....as it happens, they were pretty much as not bothered as us, just with a one off quality strike in the first half to make the difference.....

I was really disapointed not to see Wise and/or Poyet play too....although in fairness giving Whalley a game to boost fitness probably does come above their own need for the same I suppose as neither seem to really want to play if they can avoid it!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 16:30:23 »

Jutzkeweicz played well in games towards the end of last year. Hasn't really been given a chance this year yet. You can't really judge him on a performance against one of the best teams in the league when nobody on the team looked bothered.

Will be good to see Catoin back in the team when he's fit
mr ian

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 16:37:42 »

i seen the goal on htv news earlier,they showed it twice yes twice!
just to rub it in i thinks.
they've never showed a swindon goal twice.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 17:37:05 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
Dire. We didn't have a shot on target all game, infact I don't even remember us having a shot at all.

The goal was scored against the run of play, we were in control until then. Super finish, Smith never really had a chance it dipped wickedly but looked to be going over from where I was.

Whalley did alright, nothing spectacular but played his normal short, simple passes. Will be good to have another more attacking option in the middle again.

Aaron Brown free kick.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 18:08:03 »

the way i see it is, winning the whatjamacallit cup isnt gonna get us out of league 2 is it, which is what we all want, I think you could see wise wants this aswell after looking at the team he put out there
i think the attendence of a mear 1,500 showed this aswell,

we lost, oh well, lets concentrate on the league.

are any of the games even shown on tv??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: