Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 12414 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 14:45:02 »

2-1 Swindon.

£5,000 fine for not starting at least 6 first team regulars is a bit steap.
mr ian

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 14:47:43 »

we will lose 1-0
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 14:48:53 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "larwood"
I read on Sunday that teams are going to get fined £5000 if they don't start with at least six first team regulars :shock:  :-))(

Surely this should apply to Premiership sides only?, seeing as £5k is alot of money for the smaller Clubs.

I know its fucking annoying :x I did read it in the NOTW though so i guess it might not be true.
Having said that it is the kind of thing that happens,the premiershit clubs are allowed to field nine youth players and a couple of fans for the League cup/Fa Cup and nothing is done,of course when the smaller clubs are invovled and its our pointless little competition that no one gives a crap about till the semi-finals,its fine a fucking way :evil:

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 14:48:57 »

Im going for 2-1 to Wycombe im afraid.

Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 15:01:49 »

The fine is true. Wonder how they police the minor injury crisis that will unfold tonight at various clubs only to mysteriously have cleared up come Saturday?
Northern Red

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 15:51:09 »

The Rules:
6 of the most regular first 11 must start

Top 11 (Most league appearances):
Peacock, Brezovan, Smith, Ifil, Weston, Roberts, Williams, Evans, Vincent, Shakes, Pook

With Brez out and Smith in, Evans injured, 6 of those other 9 outfielders must play

With Rhodes, Brownlie and Fola playing, our current league team will only have 7 eligible players under this competitions rules  :shock:

Therefore I'd say Shakes will get a recall tonight in place of Brownlie, Roberts will play in place of Peacock alongside Fola.
No chance to try out the youngsters apart from on the bench...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 15:52:57 »

Don't think Roberts will be playing. Isn't he out for a couple of weeks?

It's All Good..............
flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 15:54:28 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
The Rules:
6 of the most regular first 11 must start

Top 11 (Most league appearances):
Peacock, Brezovan, Smith, Ifil, Weston, Roberts, Williams, Evans, Vincent, Shakes, Pook

With Brez out and Smith in, Evans injured, 6 of those other 9 outfielders must play

With Rhodes, Brownlie and Fola playing, our current league team will only have 7 eligible players under this competitions rules  :shock:

Therefore I'd say Shakes will get a recall tonight in place of Brownlie, Roberts will play in place of Peacock alongside Fola.
No chance to try out the youngsters apart from on the bench...

I doubt anybody will take much notice to that rule.
Northern Red

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 15:55:36 »

They have too, or they'll be fined.

Its just annoying that off our most regular 11, 3 of them are injured, which means 6 of the remaining 8 must play.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 16:02:39 »

I fully expect Wise to play some part tonight
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 16:13:49 »

We'd be able to pass off Lukas, Shakes, Brown and Nicho as first team regulars - none of which played at the weekend - lukas#' run at the end of last season should do the trick.

I'd bloody love Wise to play, love it I tell ya.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 16:32:55 »

Rules are there to be interpreted anyway  Soapy Tit Wank

Our name is on this cup this season, mark my words. 2-0 win tonight, no messing.
Northern Red

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 16:41:01 »

Ahhh....

The competition rules are different from the what the papers are saying....

Rules here: http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/56/91/0,,10794~37206,00.pdf

7.3 Each Club shall play its full available strength in all matches. The Board will from time to time issue guidance as to what constitutes ‘full available strength’. Any Club failing to meet this requirement will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

Depends what guidance they given - maybe that's where the 6 from 11 regulars comes from. So Roberts, Brez and Evans don't count in the 11 as they are not available.
Either way we're sorted, we've only got about 16 fit players in total anyway  Cheesy
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 17:14:46 »

I imagine allowances are made for injured players...

I'm going tonight, love the JTP Cup....  dunno why but it's a bit special, like having an epeletic dog.  Just because it's a bit crap you still love it.

I reckon we'll struggle tonight, just want to see Mooney for the banter!!   Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 17:18:37 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
I imagine allowances are made for injured players...

I'm going tonight, love the JTP Cup....  dunno why but it's a bit special, like having an epeletic dog.  Just because it's a bit crap you still love it.
I reckon we'll struggle tonight, just want to see Mooney for the banter!!   Cheesy

Nice analagy 'rus

Im going to write that down and use it every day !

I dont think Mooney is playing mate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: