Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If we did creep in the play offs....  (Read 3260 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 11:25:44 »

....and had to play Lu'on who missed out on auto promotion to Tranmere on goal difference.  I'd fucking love beating them over the two legs.  The fact they've been top for 90% of the season whilst we've been languishing mid table for most of it, would make it taste so sweet.  And if it's not us who do it, I'd love Bradford or Bournemouth to do it.  I think I have a hatred of Lu'on for some reason.  Just wanted to share that with my TEF associates.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 11:32:25 »

would be funny....  also we probably deserve more luck than Luton after the season we and they have had.  Tongue
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 13:46:15 »

would love that too coz one of my old uni mates is a luton fan & he keeps texting me every time we lose & takes the piss - bastard.

most likely we will face tranmere of hull though i reckon
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 14:37:40 »

I reckon we'd beat Hull easily. Hartlepool and Tranmere are who we wouldn't want.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 14:39:06 »

Whatever the situation, if we steal in to the top 6 we're looking at right arse of an away trip on a Thursday night!
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 14:44:01 »

the arse of a trip was so nearly worth it last season.

Fucking Adam Virgo. :twisted:
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 14:45:34 »

I'd rather drive to Shighton than to Hull!

Although the roof is somewhat of a virtue
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 14:47:52 »

In some ways being soaked to the bone actually made the experience better for me....... It seemed somehow appropriate walking back to the car
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 15:55:28 »

Personally I think Luton's season has been nothing short of admirable....consider they've only just come out of admin, but are still in  a dodgy condition so had to lose two of their better players in Emerson Boyce and Matty Spring......bear in mind this was an outfit we could beat 3-0 at Kenilworth Rd at Easter.

They then could only add 2 new players to the squad, Vine on loan and Underwood  on a free from R ansd D......yet they've been up there all season. Shows what can be achieved with good management, hard work and application.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 15:59:11 »

Wise words as always Reg.

Luton is f*****g horrible though.

The town and the ground that is.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 16:10:23 »

I'm with OST, Lu'on is a shithole, kenilworth road is a shit hole and as such LTFC should have 18 points deducted from their end of season points tally.  Their impressive season only confirms what a pile of shit division this is this year.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 16:35:22 »

I'd welcome a play-off with my old stomping ground of Hull, at least I could stay at a mate's house after, rather than have to drive home from elsewhere.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 16:36:56 »

Nah I want Hull and Trannie to go up, leaving the Hatters to sweat it out against whoever, hopefully us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 16:46:55 »

Although Luton is indeed a shithole......this leads me to have a certain sympathy for the fans of the club......when you consider that they had been an established top flight outfit and probably had 5 or 6 England capped players in the late 80's, when they played decent stuff. This of course went tits up the season before the Prem started, and they were hit by the double whammy of their town becoming the base for the political wing of Al Quida.
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 16:50:24 »

Reg, is your name really Reg Smeeton?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: