Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Croatia vs England...  (Read 9263 times)
Spud

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 19:47:26 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"
What makes even funnier. Is that all the Northen Ireland fans are singing to the latvia players "Are you England in Disguise."

What Tournament did N.I qualify though?, oh yeah they didnt.

4-0 at OT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0-1 at Windsor Park
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 19:54:11 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
No way Robinson should be dropped. He was easily our best player in the first half and made 4 or 5 superb saves, if it wasn't for him it would have been a lot worse. Nobody played particularly well though.

The 3-5-2 was shit and shouldn't be tried again, I thought McClaren's changes were a bit crap as well, taking off Crouch the one England player who hasn't had a problem scoring recently.

I just don't agree with players playing for their country when they're out of form.

Robinson was crap in the WC but don't let your Spurs tinted Specs get in the way of that.
Robinson had a mixed world cup. I criticised him on here for fucking up against trinidad and tobago but he's still easily the best English goalkeeper at the moment and he made several very tough reaction saves today.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 19:54:26 »

1 Croatia 3 2 1 0 9 0 9 7
2 England 4 2 1 1 6 2 4 7
3 Israel 3 2 1 0 6 2 4 7
4 FYR Macedonia 4 2 1 1 4 1 3 7
5 Russia 3 1 2 0 3 1 2 5
6 Estonia 3 0 0 3 0 4 -4 0
7 Andorra 4 0 0 4 1 19 -18 0

Still all to play for.  If Russia and Isreal win their games in hand, it could get rather interesting
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 20:02:09 »

We lose for the first time in ages and the hoolies come crawling out of the woodwork again  :-))(
Spud

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 20:04:10 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
We lose for the first time in ages and the hoolies come crawling out of the woodwork again  :-))(

Are they wearing Burberry?

But the fact is we have 7 points after playing 2 piss poor teams, Croatia were the first half decent oppostion we have faced so far in the group.
DMR

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 20:14:31 »

Robinsons the best of a bad bunch at the moment, or the least bad.

I'm actually more pissed off with him for the first goal, thought it was a soft header but he was in no-mans land
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 20:20:36 »

what the fuck was mclaren doing. playing a formation for the first time in god-knows how many years, with players who haven't played in that formation, in the toughest game of the group. And all that shit he was saying " round pegs in round holes." yeh, because gary nevills well renowned for his ability as a right sided midfielder, and his main asset is taking on players and delivering dangerous crosses into the box........ woops.

and why were parker and carrick holding hands the whole game? they were never more than 5 yards away for each other ffs.

Robinson, there was no-one around you for a good 20 yards, take a touch ffs. its not as if the pitch was a bowling green anyway.

In conclusion, were going to do well to qualify from this group, and we've taken a step backwards in appointing mclaren

Things get better but they never get good
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 21:54:53 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "millom red"
Bring back Graham Taylor Beers

The last time we lost by 2 clear goals in a qualifier was under Taylor, the last time we failed to qualify for a tournament was under Taylor.

Taylor was a much better manager than McClaren....the FA are totally to blame for fucking up the relacement for Sven.
I

I Was avin a laugh reg Cheesy

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 22:02:59 »

should try that young Walcott kiddy upfront, he looks alright....

Should have taken him to the world cup.... :roll:
Devon Red

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 00:59:51 »

We were shit tonight. End of (i'm too pissed to read the rest of the posts here sorry).  We'll still qualify though and you can't blame robbo like some of the papers will do tomorrow. we were totally inept
Devon Red

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 01:00:50 »

Also what was all that hoolie trouble about, They didnt have the commentary in the pub?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 07:36:23 »

My reaction to the Robinson bobble
I felt rather embarrassed at having such an unpatriotic fit of laughter at the sight,but it was so funny Oops

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 07:51:54 »

Quote from: "Devon Red"
Also what was all that hoolie trouble about, They didnt have the commentary in the pub?

All I read was that there was a bit of a 'surge' to get into the ground before the game and the police contained the situation by whacking fans round the head with trunchons. Was there more to it?

Pissed myself at the second goal. Quite how such a soft header went in for the first is bemusing.

The worse bit was we didn't look like scoring in a million years.
McLovin

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 08:17:39 »

Had to laugh when Robbo was made to look a fool by a divot.  I've not looked at any papers yet, but he was easily our man of the match. Despite looking shakey in the W.C, he's never directly cost us a game, and has kept us in numerous times. The only person i would consider putting in ahead f Robbo is Kirkland, should he ever string more that 5 games together in a row.

We had no creativity, no desire, and no one taking the game by the balls. It reminded me a little of our recent performances at the County G
el duque

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 08:22:00 »

Is it time to give Andy Farrell a go?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: