Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ACCRINGTON v SWINDON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 29820 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 17:04:44 »

Not great in first half. Better in second. Well worthy of draw, they were very average. Hard ground to make any atmosphere in given open ends. Batch, in blackpool.
Dazzza

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 17:35:10 »

Will you be prowling the 'Golden Mile' tonight Batch?

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:40:38 »

Well well well, a remarkably surprising 1-1 draw. NOT

I suppose the positive side of it is that we are not losing, and are still up amongst the top teams. Would have been nice to put some pressure on those above us though.

As much as I think Roberts and Peacock are easily good enough to be taking us u this year, it just doesn't seem to be happening. Perhaps time Wisey looked into the loan market?
mr ian

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:49:04 »

1-1 at AS was just not good enough

anyone who who thinks it is hasnt got very high standards

we need to buck up quickly before we find areselves adrift
Scot Munroe

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:21:09 »

3 points adrift of Walsall.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:31:55 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"

yes and the gap will keep increasing if we dont buck our ideas up fast
Scot Munroe

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:47:59 »

Quote from: "Rich"

that's true. A win needed at home to Grimsby next saturday. Do a bit of scouting on them tomorrow. The Grimsby vs Hereford is on Sky Sports tomorrow.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:49:59 »

Quote from: "Rich"

that's true. A win needed at home to Grimsby next saturday. Do a bit of scouting on them tomorrow. The Grimsby vs Hereford is on Sky Sports tomorrow.

yet another game we should win but will probably end up drawing
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:54:32 »

kids, am i the only one who sees that we're not actually a brilliant team? we're not creating chances, we're not finishing the chances we're getting, so we're not winning, we dont deserve to be in the first place. in all honesty, i dont think we've actually deserved that many of our wins this year. we've been incredibly lucky at times.

i dunno, but it seems some of you are expecting us to destroy every single team we play. we're not going to, at the moment we're not good enough, simple as.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:56:51 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
kids, am i the only one who sees that we're not actually a brilliant team? we're not creating chances, we're not finishing the chances we're getting, so we're not winning, we dont deserve to be in the first place. in all honesty, i dont think we've actually deserved that many of our wins this year. we've been incredibly lucky at times.

i dunno, but it seems some of you are expecting us to destroy every single team we play. we're not going to, at the moment we're not good enough, simple as.

yes i agree but after winning our first 6 games i would expect us to have more points by now
Scot Munroe

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:58:04 »

My interpretation of the match report on 606.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A16016168

Enjoy.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 21:11:24 »

Quote from: "Leggett"

We arent a brilliant team, but we are still much better than most of the shite in this division.

we should be capable of destorying teams with the talent we have

Smith, Williams, Ifil, Nicholas, Vincent, Evans, Roberts & Peacock all have decent proven records (some more than others admittidly) in higher divisions....
flammableBen

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 00:54:53 »

Did we win?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 09:14:41 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Did we win?

Strangely no....it was an unprecedented 4th 1-1 draw in a row.   I'd wager you could have got good odds on that.

The mother of all 1-1 draw seasons has to be 60/61.....when Bert Head's young side were learning the art of being "Hard To Beat".....they managed an impressive 12 low scoring stalemates.  Finished 16th in the league, but still had the third best average attendance.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 10:03:35 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
Did we win?

Strangely no....it was an unprecedented 4th 1-1 draw in a row.   I'd wager you could have got good odds on that.

The mother of all 1-1 draw seasons has to be 60/61.....when Bert Head's young side were learning the art of being "Hard To Beat".....they managed an impressive 12 low scoring stalemates.  Finished 16th in the league, but still had the third best average attendance.
I would imagine as long as we don't start to slp, we should have the highest attendance in this league this time around.

Need to start putting the white round thing into the white rectangle thing a bit more though
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: