Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ACCRINGTON v SWINDON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 29766 times)
mr ian

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 10:19:48 »

i cant believe were this far in and still havent scored more than 2 in a game!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 10:21:52 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
Did we win?

Strangely no....it was an unprecedented 4th 1-1 draw in a row.   I'd wager you could have got good odds on that.

The mother of all 1-1 draw seasons has to be 60/61.....when Bert Head's young side were learning the art of being "Hard To Beat".....they managed an impressive 12 low scoring stalemates.  Finished 16th in the league, but still had the third best average attendance.
I would imagine as long as we don't start to slp, we should have the highest attendance in this league this time around.

Need to start putting the white round thing into the white rectangle thing a bit more though

I wouldn't bet on that.....we lost a 1000 from Posh to Boston....wouldn't surprise me to see another 1000 flake off for the Grimsby game, following recent events.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 10:24:17 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
Did we win?

Strangely no....it was an unprecedented 4th 1-1 draw in a row.   I'd wager you could have got good odds on that.

The mother of all 1-1 draw seasons has to be 60/61.....when Bert Head's young side were learning the art of being "Hard To Beat".....they managed an impressive 12 low scoring stalemates.  Finished 16th in the league, but still had the third best average attendance.
I would imagine as long as we don't start to slp, we should have the highest attendance in this league this time around.

Need to start putting the white round thing into the white rectangle thing a bit more though

I wouldn't bet on that.....we lost a 1000 from Posh to Boston....wouldn't surprise me to see another 1000 flake off for the Grimsby game, following recent events.
Fair enough poin but to be honest anything above an average of 6000 will put us in contention. If we are there or there abouts throughout the season (say, top 6) then I think that many willl keep coming
Spencer_White

« Reply #228 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 10:28:05 »

The flake off factor was worse than expected.

But we were utter shite against Peterborough. Grimsby will probably bring a few though. Maybe 500+. We havnt played them on a saturday for a few years.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 11:03:51 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
The flake off factor was worse than expected.

But we were utter shite against Peterborough. Grimsby will probably bring a few though. Maybe 500+. We havnt played them on a saturday for a few years.

I know maybe ten or so different types of people, who  rekindled an interest around the Dongs game, into Posh game, but it doesn't take a great deal for these part timers to lapse....get some momentum and they'll see out the season, lose it and you lose them.

Getting 6K for Grimsby would be surprising and excellent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 13:18:12 »

Heard a few "can't take much more of ths" rumblings on the way out the game yesterday  :-))(

Problem is the standard we set in the 1st 6 games is imposssible to maintain. Off field events have an effect but our squad is pretty much in tact so it is performances/results that are doing it.

At the end of the day we are just 3 points from the top despite winning just 1 from 7. IF we can come out of this 'bad' spell we will be there or thereabouts. REality check - we won't walk this league, but we may get promoted.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 16:24:40 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/media/0,,~,00.asx?path=zzf%3A//ivqrb.cerzvhzgi.pb.hx/ivqrb/10_2006/34146_uv.jzi
Highlights are up now. I still have no idea why that goal was disallowed. :?
mr ian

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 19:12:33 »

pook just clear it!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 20:36:02 »

Quote from: "mr ian"
pook just clear it!
A crap free kick from them and then a really lucky break with Pook deflecting it to the near post and ricochets through legs to the back where Todd just had to run in and nod it over the line.  Jack Smith was ball watching instead of dealing with Todd who had never been picked up and was totally free at the end of the line.
Northern Red

« Reply #234 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 21:05:09 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"

Arrgghh

That license-ing thingy is now appearing on the highlights  :evil:
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, October 9, 2006, 06:56:09 »

Upload them on youtube.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print