Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If you ran the club  (Read 7910 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 13:14:12 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
They've dropped ticket prices for specific games in the past and attendances haven't improved much, if at all.

Yeah, I know, but I'm not talking about one or two games a seasons. We did it with the kids last season and if I remember correctly, there was quite a lot of them in the Arkells! The problem with occassional games, is that their Dads (Or mums) take them to the cheap game, then can't afford to take them when the prices revert to normal. Make them cheaper all the time, especially for kids, promote it heavily and let it run for 5 or 6 consecutive home games. There's gotta be more interest in a town the size of Swindon than the 6-7000 we're getting at the moment.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:09:29 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
They've dropped ticket prices for specific games in the past and attendances haven't improved much, if at all.

Actually they have when they've been properly marketed. It's when they drop the prices but rely on people reading programme (which if you're reading it, you're already going) or the tiny paragraph in the Adver that says about it that gates don't improve.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:13:12 »

Oh, and the kids under 7 go free is still going this season as well, if that's what you're referring to herthab
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:32:48 »

advertise, advertise, advertise....

I bet we are one of, if not the only club in this league that does under 7s go free....do we ever shout about it.....no
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:52:01 »

To be fair, the marketing manager fell out of the sky at the start of the season and is still off sick
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:53:20 »

true...but having said that....the lack of advertising hasnt just suddenly happened since August....well maybe August 1989....but...well...you get the point....hopefully
mr ian

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:56:34 »

If you ran the club

the only way i would take this club on is if i had around 50 million

so i wont be seeming ive only got 49.5m in the bank sorry.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 19:58:40 »

Quote from: "DV85"
true...but having said that....the lack of advertising hasnt just suddenly happened since August....well maybe August 1989....but...well...you get the point....hopefully

Point well and duly taken
Northern Red

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:24:08 »

Quote from: "pauld"
To be fair, the marketing manager fell out of the sky at the start of the season and is still off sick

Excuses, Excuses   Wink

You'd also think that the club would find some cover, not just stop marketing for 2 months. It could undo all Mike Sullivan's previous good work.
Northern Red

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, October 7, 2006, 20:42:42 »

Anyway if I ran the club - I'd put a right winger on the right wing  Wink
flammableBen

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 00:46:35 »

If I ran the club you'd all be dead.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 03:26:17 »

pauld wrote:

Excuses, Excuses  

You'd also think that the club would find some cover, not just stop marketing for 2 months. It could undo all Mike Sullivan's previous good work.

I thought lambert(lamberchelo) was looking after s&m( Oops ) functions at the club

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 09:43:18 »

I bet we are one of, if not the only club in this league that does under 7s go free....do we ever shout about it.....no

I know it's only one thing but there was a leaflet all about it in the adver a couple of weeks ago.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 10:07:42 »

How hard can it be to put it in the programme, in the local papers, on local radio, local TV (maybe?), advertising boards around town.....

There must be plenty more ways we could advertise although I must admit I know nothing of the costs involved
DMR

« Reply #89 on: Sunday, October 8, 2006, 14:13:27 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

I know it's only one thing but there was a leaflet all about it in the adver a couple of weeks ago.

For advertise advertise advertise read spend, spend, spend so we can forget that one
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: