Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON vs BOSTON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 9632 times)
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 15:56:25 »

That's fucking rubbish.

never trust a nun...
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:05:19 »

We're deluding ourselves if we think this league is a walkover. Why do we seem to struggle to break down the lesser teams in this league, yet put in better performances against the better teams. Lack of invention, creativity, killer instinct all spring to mind. Easy to criticise though, we really should have taken all three points today - we didn't, for some totally unknown reason.
denniswisesbarmyarmy

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:07:56 »

We should have won our last three games and we would have been top we have thrown the last 3 games away, no good sitting back after going 1-0 up you need to get another goal or two to kill them off, we do not know how to kill teams off, wise needs to do something about it, maybe get a loan striker in because to be honest maybe our strikers are not good enough.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:08:40 »

Christian Roberts is shit,  end of story.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:10:18 »

Quote from: "denniswisesbarmyarmy"
We should have won our last three games and we would have been top we have thrown the last 3 games away, no good sitting back after going 1-0 up you need to get another goal or two to kill them off, we do not know how to kill teams off, wise needs to do something about it, maybe get a loan striker in because to be honest maybe our strikers are not good enough.

As I said above, easy to criticise, so I won't. Are our strikers really that bad, or is the service to them lacking? Frankly, from what I've seen and heard to date, its a combination of both.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:34:23 »

I'm loathed to criticise Peacock and Roberts who are both good players.  Roberts has looked dangerous this season in the games I have watched and I think there is a good partnership there, though with neither being a "finishing forward" we're reliant on goals from midfield, and so far of our midfield players only Evans has looked like reaching double figures.

However, Royce looks a great natural finisher (his goal against Boston was awesome, and his goal at Wycombe demonstrated a cool head in front of goal, almost Parkinesque) and Fola gives us a much needed aerial threat.  I think the pair should be given a run out up front in the game at Adams Cup.

Remember, we're 6 points into the playoff positions, 3 points off top, and second in the league.  It's hardly time to hit the panic button.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:35:38 »

Fuck it ... let's do it anyway

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs/Headline_Archives/panic-button.jpg
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:51:12 »

We weren't awful today, we created the chances needed to win the game and were quite comfortable. We jut didn't kill them off byt taking the chances.

Boston were comfortably the worst team I have seen at the county ground in quite some time.

However it is only just the end of September and we are only 3 points off top spot in second place. If we can come out of this 'bad' spell we will be looking good.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 16:57:08 »

Quote from: "Batch"
We weren't awful today, we created the chances needed to win the game and were quite comfortable. We jut didn't kill them off byt taking the chances.

Boston were comfortably the worst team I have seen at the county ground in quite some time.

However it is only just the end of September and we are only 3 points off top spot in second place. If we can come out of this 'bad' spell we will be looking good.

I didn't think Boston were so bad....they at least tried to play a bit of football, didn't over hoof,  however they are limited.  What they had which enabled them to get a point was  effort and desire.....qualities which we had fir a few games at the start of the season, which have now lost.

It would be convenient to pin this onto the off field stuff, but seeing a mob like Boston have more desire is worrying, as they're more or less certainly down, due to their illegal payments scam.
Danjackson10

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:04:00 »

boston were 100% rubbish and we 100% should have got 3 points
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:14:00 »

one shot, deflection goal....and we should have had a penalty right at the start. clear headlock on peacock, anywhere else and thats a foul
Spud

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:35:33 »

We should have had a penalty in the 2nd half when their number 5 had his arm wrapped around Peacocks, yet the Ref decides it was a foul on the defender.

Why is it everytime Peacock goes for the ball he gets a foul given against him but when he's fouled the Ref waves play on, im sick of it.  :evil:
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:42:08 »

Quote from: "DV85"
one shot, deflection goal....and we should have had a penalty right at the start. clear headlock on peacock, anywhere else and thats a foul

7 Shots On Target 4
7 Shots Off Target 1
15 Fouls Conceded 12
5 Corners 7
2 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 1

They deserve a bit more credit and that Boston. Bez made a good save, when the Boston player should've scored, a simple tap in.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:47:25 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
Quote from: "DV85"

7 Shots On Target 4
7 Shots Off Target 1
15 Fouls Conceded 12
5 Corners 7
2 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 1

They deserve a bit more credit and that Boston. Bez made a good save, when the Boston player should've scored, a simple tap in.

apart from the fact the Boston player was offside, so it wouldnt have counted anyways as the lino has his flag up
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:49:32 »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh burn

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: