Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindons Hardest Pubs  (Read 4305 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 23:27:21 »

The Bulldog is alright really. Used to go there every tuesday lunchtime at college and sink a few pints. You only really saw old drunks in there at that time, which is what I aspire to be when I'm retired  Cool
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 29, 2006, 23:45:43 »

My Dad used to be a Deer's Leap regular. Anyone else know "Sid the Kid"?
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 02:47:39 »

None of them are what i would call HARD PUBS!
Dears leap maybe..........the ship on a friday nite after paddy's been paid.....maybe.
The Park.........now that brings back memories.......wheres louis?

Millom
xxx

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 08:44:06 »

When im pissed i find it really hard to say Gamekeeper pub!
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 12:00:36 »

aaah the cock robin  was my local for a few years then i went to the bulldog. remember when a bloke walked in and said he is the ardest in the parks (high as a kite) this little bloke just laughed his head off stood up and sparked him out in one punch and said nope you are a pussy now piss of to the crumpled horn soapy tit wank

Spencer_White

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 17:28:29 »

Has anyone been in the Ship in Rodbourne? And the one across the road isnt much better. Even the lads with Irish roots shake their heads when I mention the ship. Ive never been, being a true royal loyal Brit n all.  

The Tap must be the roughest location for a pub in Swindon.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 17:34:59 »

I think the Ship has been taken over and turned into a live music pub

/
W56196272
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 07:17:17 »

The ship used to have a bad following. They used to go between the grapes and the ship on the weekends looking for trouble. It was that rough even the dogs had hobnail boots on.

paddy

« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:49:34 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Has anyone been in the Ship in Rodbourne? And the one across the road isnt much better. Even the lads with Irish roots shake their heads when I mention the ship. Ive never been, being a true royal loyal Brit n all.  

The Tap must be the roughest location for a pub in Swindon.

practically grew up in the ship, remember many windows smashed with stools, pool cues etc. by the way , that aint rodbourne, been in the tap quite often aswell funnily enough
McLovin

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 17:48:14 »

The one opposite the Ship is the Greyhound. Was my local for nearly 2 years, and never felt dodgy at all. 50p pool table too - result!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 18:20:56 »

The Greyhounds alright  again its a Pub with its fair share of proper drinkers.

/
W56196272
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 15:02:09 »

Anybody else left a pub when it became clar you were there only non-BNP member in there? i think my failure to join in with 'No Surrender' and join in with the ol' Nazi salute did me few favours too....

Leeds is great
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 5, 2006, 12:56:45 »

The Dagger is my Dad's local, his pint gets poured as soons as they see his head through the window.  Been in a few times with him recently, seems to be a few proper Chelsea fans present and a couple of faces I'.ve seen at the CG.  Wouldn't really think it was "hard" though, as such.

Went into a pub in Dublin, well away from the centre, which was intimidating, especially the conversation about how all British tourists should fuck off back home.  A lot of Republican stuff on the walls and a real liking of Gaelic Hurling.  On exiting we realised the pub was called The Patriot - should have known better.  Still, the Guiness was nice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: