Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10,000 to break even  (Read 4503 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 09:40:34 »

Just added my bit to that thread in here, for those that don't want to sign up to "that forum" (boo hiss)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 09:50:26 »

Cheesy

STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 10:00:52 »

Not annoying bloody right!

Why is it we need 10,000 to break even, where are the figures to back this all up? How can other clubs manage and be competitive on much lower gates than this?

Sorry but it does not all add up- all adds to totally incompeteent and mis management to me
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 10:04:34 »

I've just been advised that 10000 would be a nice to have not nec break even (3 of us seem to have taken it as break even at the time)
Piemonte

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 10:07:35 »

I imagine that the figures to back this up ar somewhere in the offices at the CG bart. I dont think it would be a particually clever idea for the club to pubilcally release the entire budget and management accounts.

For once however I agree - it does smack of mismanagement. What is not particually clear is whos mismanagement it was. Even prior to the crash there seems to have been a total breackdown in communication between the various boardroom "players"

I'm going to have to raise the point of sandy gray too. What exactly does a finance director do if they have no handle on the budget & current expenditure of a company? fuck all???
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 10:08:11 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I've just been advised that 10000 would be a nice to have not nec break even (3 of us seem to have taken it as break even at the time)

you what?Huh?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 10:18:42 »

It seems we "miss heard" and it was not break even, although to be fair at least 3 of us took it as meaning break even.  I have been told the context it was meant in was what it would be nice to have coming in to ensure we operate in the black.

Either way, it seems 7500 crowds do not equal break even.
red macca

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:22:04 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
It seems we "miss heard" and it was not break even, although to be fair at least 3 of us took it as meaning break even.  I have been told the context it was meant in was what it would be nice to have coming in to ensure we operate in the black.

Either way, it seems 7500 crowds do not equal break even.
well if they stopped treating us all like cunts and threatening to withdraw from the club if we keep on having a opinion then they might get the "nice"10000 fans they want..

assholes the lot of them .fuckin sue me if they want they wont get fuckall all my money is abroad Cheesy

bad day at work by the way
DribblingSissy

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:26:47 »

So basically.....let me get this right? if we have gates of 10,000 then we'd be all hunky dorry on the finances???

Then if thats the case why are we all still moaning about it.....granted we shouldnt have to have gates of that many (as no one else in the division needs to) but still if thats what is required, then lets make it happen.....'everyone bring a friend day' to the next home game!(they still have to pay mind you!)
Sorry Bart, no admission without a friend! Crying
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:29:46 »

yeah we need these "closet" supporters to come out in force now really. i know attendances have been much better this season but we still need more
DribblingSissy

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:33:43 »

Is there some sort of donations scheme set up or not?
Someone should be doing every last bit to get as much money as possible, more raffles, even people just standing at the turnstiles if necessary jungling those annoying jars - even if it only gets £5 a game, every penny counts!

I'm going to make an annonymous donation this afternoon i think.......amount?...uncertain!........maybe push the boundaries to £50! or maybe stick with original thought of 5p???   Clap
Piemonte

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:40:41 »

Quote from: "Rich"
yeah we need these "closet" supporters to come out in force now really. i know attendances have been much better this season but we still need more

I dont think any of us want 2000 repressed gays turning up on saturday Rich.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:43:00 »

These constant depressing threads are getting annoying.
DribblingSissy

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:46:58 »

dont get depressed Ralphy.......we're not all doom and gloom!
 Dancing
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:50:19 »

It just seems that since Power left the whole club has fallen apart in some people's eyes.

We're gonna lose Wise, Poyet, Ince etc and we're gonna get relegated to non league.

It's just annoying how fans change so quick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: