Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player Ratings v Doncaster (and other stuff)  (Read 4466 times)
DMR

« on: Saturday, December 11, 2004, 18:14:23 »

Rhys- nothing to do apart from fish it out of his net- 6

Garrard- thoroughly impressive defensively, had to deal with the best Donnie player in the first 45m, but needs to get forawrd more- 7

Jenkins- quiet/solid game, played some neat passes. Not a CB IMO- 6

O'Hanlon- not at his best. Distribution was worse than Heywoods! Shepperded his man well and didn't dilly dally on the on the ball- 6

Heywood- the best of the 3 CB today, more assured than usual with his feet too- 7

Nicholas- maybe lack of match fitness, but a pretty abject performance today, shouldn't have started- 4

Hewlett- the only one who wanted it in the first 45, faded in the second but still had one of his better passing games- 6

Igoe- much improved, battled hard, ran at players, very neat passing down the right and showed much greater desire- 7 MOTM

Howard- not impressive, as with Igoe; his delivery needs alot of work as they both hit the first man alot, got very greedy in the second half- 4

Roberts- Worked hard, unlucky to get shafted onto the left, but used his pace well and threatened. Linked up well with SSP- 6

Parkin- your typical 'SSP not at his best' performance, battled well, first touch improved from Weds, took his goal as we expect- 6

Duke- why didn't he start? Got forawrd well, sublime cross- 7

Basically, the ratings are lower with no 8 or 9's as I thought the first half was very poor, we need to get the ball on the deck. The ref didn't help the game flow, and seemed to give everything 50-50 in their favour. Still, at least the urgency (if not the quality) was there in the second, take that effort to Notts Co and we should do OK.
lebowski

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 11, 2004, 18:24:16 »

i think most of your scores are fair, though i would criticise rhys for not commanding his area properly. there were times where he should have been coming to get the ball (i'm talking about through-balls rather than crosses), but he stayed on his line. i also think your mark for garrard is a bit generous, he needs to work very hard on the defensive side of his game because it's lacking at the moment. hopefully that'll come with experience.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 11, 2004, 18:28:24 »

garrard looks like he is constantly scared in and out of possession, perhaps its because he is young and hasnt playedmuch etc.

officially blacker than the night.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 11, 2004, 18:29:17 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
garrard looks like he is constantly scared in and out of possession, perhaps its because he is young and hasnt playedmuch etc.

Soapy Tit Wank  Good one Dex
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 11, 2004, 18:31:33 »

I believe it would have been 2-0 and all over if it wasn't for his goal line clearance too
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 11, 2004, 18:34:50 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Garrard- thoroughly impressive defensively, had to deal with the best Donnie player in the first 45m, but needs to get forawrd more- 7

True, but bear in mind the lad is young and in a 3-5-2 formation you've got nobody in front of you to protect you if you want to charge forward. The lad's scared of making a mistake because he wants to stay in the team.

Agree with most of what you said though.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 11, 2004, 20:03:55 »

Garrard i thought did well for his first full league start. Nicholas didn't seem match fit, but i didn't think he did bad.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 13:16:48 »

I believe it would have been 2-0 and all over if it wasn't for his goal line clearance too

yeah but bloody hell, he was on the post, he was doing his job. do you expect him to let it in because he's young and scared? anyone can header a ball at head height away, true? . he will grow as a player this season- but at the moment i think we'll have to grin and bear it, not that his performances have been bad but he has yet to come out of his shell because to be honest his positioning and timing has been better in the reserves.
classplayer though, looks like our youth system might finally have offered us more than alan young  Oops

officially blacker than the night.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 05:01:18 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
? anyone can header a ball at head height away, true? . :

Steven Hawkins couldnt :shock:

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore