Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yesterdays Ratings then...  (Read 5164 times)
DMR

« on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 12:41:19 »

Rhys- looked more assured and kicking was better, given the wind. No chance on the goal- 6

Jenkins- much better defensively in the second half, won alot of headers by his standards, took a few knocks for the team- 7

Heywood- had a couple of iffy moments when his lack of pace showed, won the aerial battles, organised well- 6

O'Hanlon- as above really, outpassed by Heywood which is a bit depressing- 6

Duke- solid enough, lost the plot for a bit around the time Barsley scored- 6

Igoe- I don't understand why the pitch is so cut up on the NW side, because Igoe never bloody uses it- 5

Smith- another very good effort, played some excellent through balls abd won lots of tackles- 7.5

Hewlett- the MH of yester year, crap at everything- 4

Holmeboy- very good in the second half after a poor first 45- 7

Parkin- how much do we owe this guy? Took the first superbly and always looked a threat- 9 (motm)

Slabber- to be perfectly honest he looked shight, he has no quick reactions about him at all and missed a sitter- 4
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 13:02:19 »

agreed on slabber, he turns like a battleship. thought smithy's 7.5 is a bit generous, although he did make some useful space on the edge of the area but duke and holmes prefered to run straight past him instead of sliding it in to him

o'hanlon looked a touch shakey compared to usual, and how many times did the centre halfs pass it square straight to nardiello or boulding!? fucking idiots.

officially blacker than the night.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 13:18:45 »

lay off slabber! i tought he did well again! he gets out powered by defenders because hes not very strong physically! hes hardly the worlds strongest man at 5 foot whatever is he?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 13:22:43 »

6' 2" according to the official site  :shock:
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 13:25:00 »

Slabber worked hard ,I think he's got goals in him its just a case of getting off the mark.

/
W56196272
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 13:43:57 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Slabber worked hard ,I think he's got goals in him its just a case of getting off the mark.
i totally agree
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 13:45:41 »

yeah it looks like a case of, one and they'll flow. still, one on one about 10 yards out, you've gotta hit the target

officially blacker than the night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 17:35:12 »

Slabber got into the positions but just didn't finish them 3 chances off. Fallon must have been laughing! Hopefully it will be a case of if he gets one the rest will come.

Evans - 6 - No hope with goal and kicking was straight

Jenkins - 6- Got stuck in!

Heywood - 6 - Commanded everything in the air

O'Hanlon - 6 - Solid and never looked like making a mistake

Duke - 6 - Quieter than usual, did his job reasonably well

Igoe - 5 - Took players on and found space but the right wing was deserted

Hewlett - 5 - A few mistakes, not his best game

Smith - 6.5 - Got forward and played some good passes

Holmes - 7 - Quiet 1st half but created chances after the break. Great cross for Parkin's 2nd

Parkin - 9 - Two good goals and 100% commitment throughout. Always looked a threat

Slabber - 5.5 - Got into the right positions but just didn't PUT IT IN THE FUCKING NET!
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 18:55:48 »

Duke played better than a 6!  He done well, played good balls forward and still tackled well and ran into the right place to tackle whenever he needed to.  I'd give him a 7 other than that i'd agree with both of you, except Slabber he done well to get into the right positions to receive the ball.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 21:23:38 »

Yes but to miss 2 headers from 6 yards and then put it wide when you're through on the 'keeper takes some doing! :?
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 23:46:23 »

I'm starting to think Slabber isnt especially good.

I'm struggling to see what he's supposed to be good at. He's not quick, strong, skillfull or a good finisher from what I can see.

Hope he scores soon though, as he may improve with confidence
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 14, 2005, 00:12:44 »

he does seem decidedly one footed as well. give him time though, and his confidence will improve and hopefully he'll start banging them in.
McLovin

« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 14, 2005, 10:10:03 »

Hewlett was back to his laughable crappy performance. That guy really gets me wound up.  :evil:
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 14, 2005, 10:11:59 »

His passing was bloody awful at times. He gave the ball away in dangerous positions at least 3 times from what i can remember
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 14, 2005, 10:19:07 »

Smithy still shit Monty?  Or are you a convert?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: