Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: match day squad...  (Read 3773 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 18:30:18 »

what a class first 11 we had and an awesome bench. most of the teams in the league would kill for our bench... considering roberts is out and all that.

when we dont have injuries and shizz it shows our weak squad is a bit of an urban myth

officially blacker than the night.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 18:35:35 »

What I have said all along.  King whinges when in reality we have one of the most talent-filled first 18 or so players in the league.  Few other squads can compete on paper.

When you have players of Howard, Miglioranzi, Fallon and Ifil on the bench it hammers home to you what a good team you have (by League One standards).
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 18:39:42 »

it sure does, shame they don't perform to their potential sometimes, as we should easily be in the playoffs with this team.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 18:42:12 »

Quote from: "Johno"
it sure does, shame they don't perform to their potential sometimes, as we should easily be in the playoffs with this team.

Who's fault is that?  When a group of individuals cannot perform to their potential.

In a business, if all the workers are underperforming, the leader of these people are normally seen as being defunct.  This leader is called the manager.   Wink
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 18:46:45 »

Without the injuries it looks pretty good, especially with the two loans so all credit to King for building the squad then.

I think we'd be up in the playoffs no problem if we'd been a bit luckier with injuries earlier on in the season.

Real tiresome how everything is turned into an anti-king point even when we've won three in a row. :roll:  :wall
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 19:19:29 »

well, i blame the players for not playing.  Wink not kings fault.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 19:25:51 »

over the past year or so i have been studying motivational theory, management and leadership theory and also things like team/group theory. It's amazing how under-applied certain (simple) techniques are in the real world. i think a lot of managers are quite old fashioned which proves their downfall, whereas managers willing to embrace new techniques are the ones winning. look at JM at chelski for example
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 20:54:10 »

I think it is now more obvious that it is not King who needs to motivate the players. The last 2 home games have been enjoyable. There was a good atmosphere and this was passed on to the players. They always say how important the TE is, and when they TE is loud, we do seem to get better results.

Much better atmosphere today than I can remember for a while and that made me feel good, and the team played well.

YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSS! :twisted:
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 20:57:06 »

why isn't king who has to motivate the players? that's his job ffs! if this was a part-time league played in front of yeovil red and his dog, would there be any difference?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 21:06:01 »

Okay, it is part of his job, but:

1) I think that knowing people pay £23 a game to watch you would be enough motivation for me
2) Players say how much fans motivate them, but first they need to play well for the crowd to get going. Its a two way thing. They should be able to get themselves uo for games in my opinion.

I captained a really shit team, and we lost nearly every game we played. But every time I played I went out there and gave 100% to get the best result possible.
I play for my school. We play against teams we know are going to stuff us, but it doesn't stop us trying our hardest and putting in every tackle necessary.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 23:44:28 »

well, come on, our school team is pretty much useless..... :-))(
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 23:50:18 »

i see your point, but originally you did state that it wasn't down to king to motivate players. i would suspect it hard to be motivated if you were only getting half your wage and your job was in doubt. if this happened to me, i would be looking for a new job right away!!!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 00:02:47 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"

1) I think that knowing people pay £23 a game to watch you would be enough motivation for me
2) Players say how much fans motivate them, but first they need to play well for the crowd to get going. Its a two way thing. They should be able to get themselves uo for games in my opinion.

I captained a really shit team, and we lost nearly every game we played. But every time I played I went out there and gave 100% to get the best result possible.
I play for my school. We play against teams we know are going to stuff us, but it doesn't stop us trying our hardest and putting in every tackle necessary.

you're such a hero

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 00:03:59 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

you're such a hero

Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 11:43:42 »

I'm not lookin for sympathy! i'm just pointing out that footballers always say how much they love playing the game and that they should be able to motivate themselves just for the satisfaction of maybe winning something at the end.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: