Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Today's performance...  (Read 3797 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 19:20:58 »

OK then home boys.

I am as gutted as the next man that we lost today.

I did not go today so I obviously cannot comment on any aspect of the game. I would just like to ask this question of those who did go:

Forgetting the score line, was today's performance really any worse than any of the others this season?

I mean, a few people slagged off Martin Allen's post match reaction when he said we created very little going forward (or summit like that), but let's face it (and I WAS at the Franchise game) he was right. How many saves did their keeper make? How many chances did we actually create? That tends to get forgotten because we won.

I am not being a 'doom and gloom' merchant, nor am I pushing the 'panic' button. On the contrary, I'm guessing we weren't that bad today.

As I said, I was not there so put me straight.

Remember - You have to FORGET the score line, we are talking  performance levels here.

WERE WE THAT BAD?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 19:22:47 »

tbh OST we have been poor all season so we must be something right. when we get our asses into gear and start playing we can walk this league. but intil then it's play-offs at best
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 19:24:49 »

Defensive performance was goods....midfield got missed out as always.....

the quality in the final 3rd was worse than any game I've seen this season....in most games we have looked capable of scoring.

So we didnt create much against the dons, this was due to the fact their centre halves had good games and kept us out.

We didnt create anything today, due to our own ability to do anything! When we got it out wide, the crosses were poor, when we pumped it into the box most players didnt bother to challenge for it.

Against MK we tried to create chances and they stopped us, today our own shitness stopped us creating chances
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 19:25:44 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
OK then home boys.

I am as gutted as the next man that we lost today.

I did not go today so I obviously cannot comment on any aspect of the game. I would just like to ask this question of those who did go:

Forgetting the score line, was today's performance really any worse than any of the others this season?

I mean, a few people slagged off Martin Allen's post match reaction when he said we created very little going forward (or summit like that), but let's face it (and I WAS at the Franchise game) he was right. How many saves did their keeper make? How many chances did we actually create? That tends to get forgotten because we won.

I am not being a 'doom and gloom' merchant, nor am I pushing the 'panic' button. On the contrary, I'm guessing we weren't that bad today.

As I said, I was not there so put me straight.

Remember - You have to FORGET the score line, we are talking  performance levels here.

WERE WE THAT BAD?

But how many chances did Franchise have? And how many saves did Brezovan have to make?
We deserved the win on Tuesday, but today, we werent at the races

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 19:26:12 »

also, he used to get alot of critism...but Andy Monkhouse!!!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 19:26:37 »

Brezovan has been poor since the Hartlepool game! his mistake led to the goal today and ive not been impressed with him that much tbh
Scot Munroe

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 19:51:34 »

are defence was alright today. But drop roberts please. He did not looked interested. Hs free kick at the end sumed it up.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 20:10:00 »

like they said on the radio it was like watching the swindon of last season at some points!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:02:47 »

We haven't played brilliant flowing football this season that's true. But (at home) up to the Franchise game I think we did create a lot of chances.  

Today we didn't carve anything out of note. Roberts hit the post. Evo had a long distance free kick saved. A Brownlie header was more than comfortably saved. That's all we did, and whilst I have no complaints about the result Peterborough were a poor side today.
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:06:53 »

Quote from: "Rich"
tbh OST we have been poor all season

is that why we're second in the league?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:13:44 »

no Sonic - it was poor -  I still am trying to remember something good

all i could say was it was just like last season
sonic youth

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:16:09 »

today was poor, no doubting that but to say we've been rubbish all season is a remarkable overreaction.
Amir

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:25:48 »

The best bit about today was half-time.  There just didn't seem to be any invention, as good as Paul Evans has been playing little dinks to the wings just don't help us, and as has been said before the wings are coming inside too much(meaning you get Roberts out wide alot when he should be in the box).  Weston's not a winger, I'd rather see Holgate playing than Ince at this moment in time, and Fola was our biggest threat.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 23:20:53 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Brezovan has been poor since the Hartlepool game! his mistake led to the goal today and ive not been impressed with him that much tbh

he should have held the ball initially but then the rest of the team didn't really help a lot. and the rest of what you put is garbage. silly silly man

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 23:24:01 »

We haven't hit top gear- a testament to the potential of this squad- but we've not been 'poor' until the last 2 or 3 games, depending on how you rated MKD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: