Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know ofthe changes behind the scenes?  (Read 37762 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 16:31:01 »

prove it?
sonic youth

« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 16:34:22 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
someone isnt going to get sacked over a squabble between bob holt and sandy gray, its going to have happened right at the top which is diamandis v devlin

there's no proof that linda was sacked solely because of a power struggle. perhaps it was simply just a cost-cutting exercise - albeit a daft one - or maybe there is something more sinister behind it all.

the fact is that none of us actually know, so treating stuff as concrete fact is just a waste of time.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 16:42:18 »

by all accounts no-one could do linda's job better than she did and it leaves a huge whole in the organisation of the club

i guarantee she'll be back if power gets his money together
sonic youth

« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 16:44:09 »

i agree entirely with those sentiments, there's a threadbare staff at the club as it is without getting rid of the club secretary for no apparently logical reason.
lumpimynci

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 17:41:32 »

If it isn't a really stupid question........WTF is this about a power struggle!

I had thought that the situation was pretty clear to EVERYONE! But maybe not so could we go over it again in bullet pointed form.

1 - THERE IS NO FUCKING MONEY TO BE MADE OUT OF STFC  (or not for a very long time on the basis of a high risk long term investment - it is a company with a high cost base, low margins and NO ASSETS!

2 - The effective control of the club rests with the Wills family due to their large shareholding and the support they can rely on from other shareholders and board members

3 - The Wills family have stated on a tediously regular basis that if someone wants to buy them out, has the best interests of the club at heart and the resources to take it forward, then they're happy to sell.

4 - The only person it has been even vaguely suggested might want to take on the club fell several thousand feet out of the sky onto a Berkshire golf course only a few weeks ago, and has yet to leave hospital. If he was thinking about putting together a take-over package it seems unlikely much progress has been over that period.

5 - Mark Devlin is not someone looking to take-over the club, he is the Club's CE, a paid employee of the Board. The only way the phrase power struggle could be used about him is if he was operating at the club outside the terms of reference the board set for him; making decisions and spending money without their approval. However, he too fell out of the sky onto the same bit of Berkshire at the beginning of the season and HASN'T BEEN TO WORK SINCE.

With all that in mind could somebody please explain who exactly is supposed to be struggling with who and over what.

Think about it......

......Is the Wills family, guided by the dread hand of Mike the Greek, desperately hanging onto the lucrative cash cow that is STFC by all means fair or foul, including sacking a club secretary that's been mysteriously "turned" by the opposition, (whilst oddly continuing to employ one of the supposedly primary conspirators of that opposition group in the most powerful job at the club)?

Or.....

.....has the plane accident and BP and MD's absence left a bit of a vacuum of leadership and management at the club; leading to the board (who've been left in the lurch by "potential big investors" in the past whilst wage and operating costs spiral upwards) panicking and to try to save money by making redundant the first person they can think of who the fans might not notice or care about?

I know the former makes the club sound big and important and valuable, and the latter makes it sound a bit amateurish and useless, but which do you think is most likely?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 17:50:27 »

Quote from: "lumpimynci"

I had thought that the situation was pretty clear to EVERYONE! But maybe not so could we go over it again in bullet pointed form.

1 - THERE IS NO FUCKING MONEY TO BE MADE OUT OF STFC  (or not for a very long time on the basis of a high risk long term investment - it is a company with a high cost base, low margins and NO ASSETS!

2 - The effective control of the club rests with the Wills family due to their large shareholding and the support they can rely on from other shareholders and board members

3 - The Wills family have stated on a tediously regular basis that if someone wants to buy them out, has the best interests of the club at heart and the resources to take it forward, then they're happy to sell.

4 - The only person it has been even vaguely suggested might want to take on the club fell several thousand feet out of the sky onto a Berkshire golf course only a few weeks ago, and has yet to leave hospital. If he was thinking about putting together a take-over package it seems unlikely much progress has been over that period.

5 - Mark Devlin is not someone looking to take-over the club, he is the Club's CE, a paid employee of the Board. The only way the phrase power struggle could be used about him is if he was operating at the club outside the terms of reference the board set for him; making decisions and spending money without their approval. However, he too fell out of the sky onto the same bit of Berkshire at the beginning of the season and HASN'T BEEN TO WORK SINCE.

With all that in mind could somebody please explain who exactly is supposed to be struggling with who and over what.

Think about it......

......Is the Wills family, guided by the dread hand of Mike the Greek, desperately hanging onto the lucrative cash cow that is STFC by all means fair or foul, including sacking a club secretary that's been mysteriously "turned" by the opposition, (whilst oddly continuing to employ one of the supposedly primary conspirators of that opposition group in the most powerful job at the club)?

Or.....

.....has the plane accident and BP and MD's absence left a bit of a vacuum of leadership and management at the club; leading to the board (who've been left in the lurch by "potential big investors" in the past whilst wage and operating costs spiral upwards) panicking and to try to save money by making redundant the first person they can think of who the fans might not notice or care about?

I know the former makes the club sound big and important and valuable, and the latter makes it sound a bit amateurish and useless, but which do you think is most likely?

I think you'll find they landed in Buckinghamshire, not Berkshire !
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 17:56:43 »

Quote from: "wokinghamred"
Quote from: "lumpimynci"

Think about it......

Or.....

I think you'll find they landed in Buckinghamshire, not Berkshire !

And I think you'll find Mr Power is not still in hospital
lumpimynci

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 17:57:51 »

You know as I was typing it I was thinking "or was it Bucks" but I couldn't be arsed to look it up and hoped that everyone would be too overwhelmed by the eloquence of my argument to pick up on the detail...

Ho hum....
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 18:00:10 »

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 18:01:04 »

Apparently Power's people are meeting Newbury today.....which would seem to suggest there'll be some movement one way or the other soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 07:02:25 »

I realise you are all sick to death about this, but apparently there will be an announcement today after a full and frank exchange of views yesterday. Some bloke dow the pub told me (OK it was on BBC RS).

So hopefully it'll be the end of it. I'm hoping for a "communication prolems due to the accident...Mr Power has agreed to address Mr Wills concerns....We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship..."
fatbury

« Reply #176 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 07:21:07 »

be interesting to see the outcome ..all the radio and papers are saying Wise is going to Leeds ... bloody hope not
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 07:28:03 »

Greeeeeat, 8 games of bliss then uber speclation about our boardroom and our manager. Nobody can say it is dull to be a town fan.

Surely Wise isn't going to do a T*dd. Surely he is too inexperienced for Leeds?
TheKingCY

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 07:31:26 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Greeeeeat, 8 games of bliss then uber speclation about our boardroom and our manager. Nobody can say it is dull to be a town fan.

Surely Wise isn't going to do a T*dd. Surely he is too inexperienced for Leeds?

Kevin Blackwell was hardly blessed with experience though.  Alan Curbishley is early favourite for it.

eality is just an illusion caused by lack of alcohol...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 07:32:55 »

That's what I mean, they tried inexperienced and it flopped. Time to go for a Curbs or Glenda
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: