Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know ofthe changes behind the scenes?  (Read 38064 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 16:21:38 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Radio made reference to rumours regarding changes in the boardroom- anyone know what these are?

I heard they're getting a new table and chairs.

Cool

In all fairness, who ever believes anything that Ed Hadwin says anyway?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 19:57:49 »

Well..He knows a hell of a lot more than any of us do.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 20:05:43 »

Nope I know more than him.

/
W56196272
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #93 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 20:21:17 »

I hope nothing bad is going to happen, however i think something major is going in behind the scenes and i would not be surprised if Devlin and Power end up leaving the club, the board need to do the sensible thing.

I would rather Holt/Carson/Gray/Diamandis/Wills Family walk away, it would be much better if Power bought them out and kept Devlin at the club and brought in some of his own people.

The club are going to go backwards very quickly if Devlin and Power leave because having them idiots run the club again is not going to do us any favours at all and we will be back to square one again.

What is it with this board? why can't they just walk away and sell up?

If anyone should be sacked it should be that useless Sandy Gray and Carson and Holt should join her.

Mark Devlin is a good man and the supporters love him and he is very open, he is the best man on the board and no-one would want him to leave, Power paid off king and has pumped some money into the club, fair play to the man.

All this rubbish in the paper today regarding cost cutting exercises is aload of crap to be honest, the attendances are well up on last season and we got the money from the O'Hanlon transfer plus Power has put money into the club.

I think Bob Holt is lying totally and what he said today is a load of rubbish, it is obvious that Mark Devlin's position is under threat otherwise he wouldnt have said "I cannot comment on his position" he would have said straight out that he is going nowhere, there is a lot more going on than what he is saying i think to be honest.

I hope that if Devlin and Power are forced out of the club that the supporters organise a major protest against the board and give them alot of grief because they will be responsible for ruining this club if them two leave, the supporters should not stand for it.

Attendances would go down to around 3,000 i'm sure, no one is going to pay money to watch this team when we are being run by a bunch of idiots again.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Wise leave either if them two went but i just hope none of this happens.

They could afford to sign Ince on high wages so they cannot be that poor otherwise he would not have signed, the truth of the matter is something bigger is going on and Holt is not letting on.

We should demand an explanation now, no good coming out with an announcement at the end of the week, us fans deserve to know what is going on and it could affect the team if the announcement comes out thursday or friday.

I am hoping that because this meeting is going on today that there is an announcement tomorrow, it's really not a good idea to announce it thursday or friday.

I would back Power and Devlin all the way rather than the other idiots and i hope they come out on top but somehow i doubt it.

I'm sure we would all love to see Power buy the club and oust all the other idiots but what are the chances of that happening?

Like i said before us fans need to do something if Power and Devlin are forced out we cannot allow them to get away with it.

We are on the verge of big things this season and those idiots on the board could ruin it for us.

I demand the idiots to let us fans know what is going on and fast!!!
Red Len

« Reply #94 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 20:42:41 »

Leave it Son...just leave it!

We'd all love to know whats going on behind the scenes, but we don't do we? Speculation of this nature surely helps no one. It all smells a bit fishy I admit, but until we know more, we're just going to have to sit tight and hope that those involved see sense and reach an amicable solution, end of.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 20:43:22 »

Most sensible post of the day len.

Red Len

« Reply #96 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 20:59:36 »

Thanks Bushey. Some fans seem to want the worst to happen. Really rather annoying.
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #97 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:10:57 »

I dont want the worst thing to happen, i love this club 110% and i have been to every away game this season, i want Power and Devlin to stay end of story, i'm not worried about the other idiots on the board.

I want this club settled and back in league one next season, i'm just saying things don't look good and the fans will go mad if Power and Devlin leave, no doubt about it.
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #98 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:14:06 »

You shouldnt judge and doubt people who you dont know, i have been to most Swindon games since i was 5 years old and have follwed them throught thick and thin, I would do anything for STFC, i want the best for the club and the fans, i don't want all this crap going on in the boardroom and neither does anyone else, we all want Power and Devlin to stay, we want to get our ground redeveloped and be in the championship within a few years, STFC means the world to me so you should not think that i want the worst to happen because you are very very wrong.
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #99 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:15:54 »

At the end of the day if the worst were to happen and devlin and power did end up leaving then the fans need to get together and oust the idiots and take control of this club and run it properly, we wont allow idiots like carson and sandy gray destroy this club, no way!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #100 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:21:15 »

My Nan witters on less than you
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #101 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:26:12 »

I'm just getting my side of the story across, people seem to think that i want bad things to happen but that is in no way true i'm a loyal swindon supporter and i'm just fearing bad things are going to happen, why does that make me full of crap and wanting bad things to happen to the club?
Dazzza

« Reply #102 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:39:05 »

Article on the Beeb, sorry if it's been posted can't be bothered to sift through the silt and all...

Boardroom tension at the County Ground
Tensions have been growing in the Swindon town boardroom since before the start of the new season.

The problems appear to have begun when new director Bill Power and Mark Devlin started to take more control over the footballing side of the business.

Some of the decision made – particularly the amount of money being spent have upset some of the longer serving board members. This is a situation not helped by the inevitable lack of communication between the groups as Power and Devlin recover from injuries sustained when their aeroplane crashed.

The club’s football administrator Linda Burrell would seem to be the first casualty of the situation, but how badly damaged the relationships are remain to be seen. The possibility though still exists that the divide can be healed.

In the meantime, the Wills family who control the majority of the club’s shares have made it clear they would be prepared to listen to any takeover bid as long as it was in the best interests of Swindon Town. Although, they do say no bids have yet been received.

Power would be the obvious candidate to head a takeover and it’s understood he has held very early discussions about the possibility. But it’s unclear how serious he is but he obviously has more important things on his mind as he continues to recover from his injuries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2006/09/18/stfc_180906_feature.shtml

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:50:20 »

Sounds like Power needs to get the cheque book out
Dazzza

« Reply #104 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:53:00 »

Very speculative without much meat on the bone but it does look that the problem appears to be a rift between Mark and Bill and the rest of the board possibly stemming from the Ince deal.

It seems the statement in the adver and story in the WDP must have come about from the possibility of Bill taking over from Sir Seton Wills.

Good news is that it sounds like the bridges aren’t burnt beyond repair and we’ll hopefully have nothing but the storm in a tea cup but it really doesn’t sound too healthy at the moment reading between the lines.

From where we stand at the moment does anyone actually know what’s behind Bill’s investment and was he given a shareholding in return for the money he’s invested so far?  

The fact that nothing has gone public so far is good news in some respects and optimistically that things haven’t gone past the state of repair.  If we do head for a takeover then with any luck it will be on goods terms and without any hostility

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: