Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know ofthe changes behind the scenes?  (Read 38067 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 14:47:19 »

"And Linda Birrell? Can't really see how she could be cut as part of a cost-cutting exercise (where is Bill Power's money?) - I think there is more to it - but what I will say is she will be sorely missed. She was one of the most important people at STFC and she will be hard to replace. "

Can I just point out that the cost cutting "excuse" was the official line given to other employees of the club, in relation to her departure.
fatbury

« Reply #76 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 14:53:14 »

If Power and Devlin were to go .. Id be asking for a refund on my season ticket ... they have turned it around here with the input of cash .. good PR and organistaional skills .. and also got Wise and Poyet in .. although I appreciate what the Wills have done to keep the club afloat in the past we must look forward now .. if they cant do that then they shouldnt moan about the club making no money and going down and them ending up with nothing .. Wills needs to cut his losses and take what is offered for his shares.  Bascially I think its the end of STFC if Devlin and Power are cut off.
Piemonte

« Reply #77 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 14:53:58 »

So regarding Linda's depature....... is it not possible she had a falling out with Mr Wise?

Fuck it, I'm starting my own rumour here
fatbury

« Reply #78 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 14:56:27 »

obviously shes had a run in with someone ..
Piemonte

« Reply #79 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:02:13 »

So why would you want to return your season ticket if 2 board members left fatbury? I wouldnt be best pleased about it, but that seems miles over the top to me.

In fact , that reminds me of your imfamous "Fallon has left, the end of the world is nigh" posting that SY rightfully banned you for

You didnt pay £300 to watch 2 overweight middle aged men play 23 times a year did you?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:05:37 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

for all the priase power gets, what do we know he's done yet? he promised to put money into the club, but has he? unless my memory fails me - which is quite likely - i can't recall anything about him making this injection of money.

i thought he put £1m, which while small fry compared to the Wills, had an impact.

On Mike D and the Newburygate conspiracy - 1. Mike D was instramental in bringing in Wise.  2. If there is a boardroom split I doubt it has anything to do with underhand dealings.

None the less something odd and worrying is going on.
Sussex

« Reply #81 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:16:39 »

I think it's no coincidence that the news registered user is D-Smith, from America! Read into that what you will.. eh
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:16:59 »

Mike D was not instrumental in bringing in Wise. If it wasnt for Power Wise would not be here. End of story. Mike D was promoted in the media just for spin purposes
Piemonte

« Reply #83 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:20:44 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
I think it's no coincidence that the news registered user is D-Smith, from America! Read into that what you will.. eh

I was thinking the same thing sussex.  :|

The plot thickens......................

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Mike D was not instrumental in bringing in Wise. If it wasnt for Power Wise would not be here. End of story. Mike D was promoted in the media just for spin purposes

Were you there in the negotiation meetings then?

Why would Dennis Wise lie to make diamandis popular? Wise has nothing to gain from it.

Talking of spin, is there anything that could happen that YOU wouldnt spin into Dunwoody / Diamandis critisism?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:25:59 »

I'm willing to be wrong. Please tell me how you know this Bart...
sonic youth

« Reply #85 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:29:41 »

why would wise say it then?
mr ian

« Reply #86 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:48:45 »

drug money
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:51:53 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
agree with the sentiments about linda, the title "club secretary" doesn't do her justice at all.

regarding the supposed split, has everyone forgotten that when wise came in he said to the press that he was bought here by "a nice man called mike"? perhaps he's not the devil everyone thinks he is.

for all the priase power gets, what do we know he's done yet? he promised to put money into the club, but has he? unless my memory fails me - which is quite likely - i can't recall anything about him making this injection of money.

one thing is definite though, this is all serious cloak & dagger shit and none of us really have a fucking clue what's going on.

which is very worrying  :?

Think he paid off Kings contract for a start and cleard the money owed to inland revenue.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 15:54:27 »

Dunno whats going on behind the scenes, and to be honest only heard something mentioned in the pub last night. But I would be extremely concerned if whatever is going on leads to either Devlin and/or Power leaving. The Board would really be shooting themselves in the foot.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #89 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 16:10:51 »

I reckon something bad is going on but i really hope that i am wrong, i wouldn't be surprised to see Devlin and Power leave the club, nothing surprises me with this board, something always goes wrong for this football club, the board would definitley be making a very bad mistake if Power and Devlin left, alot of fans would probably stop going to games and i'm not sure if Wise would stay.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: