Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know ofthe changes behind the scenes?  (Read 38052 times)
Frasier3

« Reply #60 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 09:44:55 »

"cost cutting exercise?" Surely we have a wealthy investor, the club had the money to bring in Ince and the gates are significantly ahead of budget.

A club secretary plays a vital admin role, so all in all I don't buy it.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 09:51:16 »

100%, that is what has been communicated internally, that is was a costcutting exercise.

I thought exactly what you said there, I thought we had enough money to get by now?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 09:52:20 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Simple question, but you have to ask why an essential member like a club secretary who'll be on no more than £35-40k leaves to pay 8 weeks of Ince's wages...

Moonie, try halving that salary and you'll be close.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 10:06:42 »

...but then saying all that, its clearly not a cost-cutting excercise but down to the apparent split.

My understanding of the board dynamics is this:

Wills SW & J/Holt/------advised by Diamandis because he's in the country more than 20 days of the year unlike SSW - Diamandis runs Dunwoody which = Gray, Devlin/James Spencer (?)------Devlin brought in power (old QPR contact) who previously had no other contact with those already at the club.

That has 'apparently' shifted into a Devlin/Power vs. The Rest, who sadly hold the shares and the power (no pun intended)

For what its worth, if you're reading Mark, you've got my backing. Wills has done a fantastic job but every tenure comes to a natural end

please hang on in there with us.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 10:50:24 »

Just read this in the WDP:

Asked if he was concerned about his own position, Devlin said: "Nobody from the club has spoken directly to me about that, but things in football are always changing and nothing surprises me."

Doesn't look good.
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:02:17 »

Agreed Moonraker - I believe the sentence preceeding that states something about asking Holt if Devlin's position was safe / under threat and he refused to answer it!!

All in all I'm a little concerned but until we know more there's not much we can do other than cheer on the lads at Notts next Saturday!!  Cheesy
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:05:55 »

For what they've done so far, Mark and Bill deserve a crack of the whip. SSW has kept us afloat, and no Town fan will begrudge that, but that is all he has done. He's said he won't invest any further so its time to move aside. I for one will be seething if he manages to drive Mark and Bill away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:06:52 »

So what the heck has gone on? In the WDP Holt talks about 'overspend' on the budget yet James Wills bankrolled the Ince transfter. I'm confused?

To get rid of Devlin would be suicide. Lets hope this is BS and we aer not left with Sandy G running things again :roll:

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145787&command=displayContent&sourceNode=145780&contentPK=15453275&folderPk=69656&pNodeId=145803

Quote from: "wdp"

Holt added: "We are over budget and our objective is to look at our costings and then ensure that the maximum resources are put on the playing field, perhaps by reducing costs on the non-playing areas."

Asked if chief executive Mark Devlin's position was in danger, Holt said he could not answer that question.

Devlin, who is recovering from the same plane crash as Power, hopes to return to work at the County Ground by the end of the month.

Asked if he was concerned about his own position, Devlin said: "Nobody from the club has spoken directly to me about that, but things in football are always changing and nothing surprises me."

The Daily Press tried to contact acting chief executive James Wills, the son of Sir Seton, but he was unavailable for comment.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:22:36 »

We will ALL be seething if they drive Mark and Bill away.

And yes, we will likely be back with Sandy running the show with Mr D- absolute disaster. Can you see Wise hanging around in that case- i cant
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:37:32 »

I can't really comment on this one (as much as I would like to) as I used to work for Mike D, Mark D, Bob Holrt and co - but I am really, really concerned by what is happening. OK so STFC Bart may have over done it by saying we'd get relegated to "conference south", but if Mark D and Bill P left - I would be very, very concerned - and yes I do understand the "structure of the board/club" before you slaughter me as well sussex red and pieman!

As for Ince, I've interviewed three players since he joined us and I don't see the rumoured split in the camp. I'd be worried about his lack of fitness - but from what I can gather the players love him.

And Linda Birrell? Can't really see how she could be cut as part of a cost-cutting exercise (where is Bill Power's money?)  - I think there is more to it - but what I will say is she will be sorely missed. She was one of the most important people at STFC and she will be hard to replace.

All I hope is that whatever is happening, and I'm told we're supposed to expect an announcement this week of some sort, that it wasn't the reason for the shocking performance Saturday.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 12:04:49 »

This week.

If they're so sure they'll be an announcement then we should at least be put in the picture now.

I thought was all behind us
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 12:15:30 »

Quote from: "juddie"
And Linda Birrell? Can't really see how she could be cut as part of a cost-cutting exercise (where is Bill Power's money?)  - I think there is more to it - but what I will say is she will be sorely missed. She was one of the most important people at STFC and she will be hard to replace.

Nigh on impossible I'd have thought (OK, that may be an exaggeration, but not much). I don't think some people understand quite how crucial the role of football secretary is, how complex it is these days, having to be aware of all the League regs etc and that there's no handbook for it - if Linda's gone, I'd be extremely concerned whether there's anyone else at the club who actually could do her job, simply because if she's gone without proper handover, a newbie just wouldn't know what it would entail. And if it isn't done properly, that's where we start falling foul of League regs, which is one whole minefield of fines, player embargoes, points deductions and all the rest.
mr ian

« Reply #72 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 12:18:18 »

there gunna have somone in india doing her job for 12p an hour with no bathroom breaks.
sonic youth

« Reply #73 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 14:29:21 »

agree with the sentiments about linda, the title "club secretary" doesn't do her justice at all.

regarding the supposed split, has everyone forgotten that when wise came in he said to the press that he was bought here by "a nice man called mike"? perhaps he's not the devil everyone thinks he is.

for all the priase power gets, what do we know he's done yet? he promised to put money into the club, but has he? unless my memory fails me - which is quite likely - i can't recall anything about him making this injection of money.

one thing is definite though, this is all serious cloak & dagger shit and none of us really have a fucking clue what's going on.

which is very worrying  :?
Piemonte

« Reply #74 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 14:35:15 »

there is all sorts of conspiracy shit going on thisis.

If you believe half of what is written on there then there are direct conversations between Mark D, whatshisface Dunwoody, Mike diamandis, the Pope and Osama bin Laden Wink  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: