Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know ofthe changes behind the scenes?  (Read 38053 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 20:56:10 »

They said they were seriously considering it. Well they said that yesterday. I think we need to take drastic action. It's clear the stadium won't get re-developed either, unless these two stick around for the long haul.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 20:58:26 »

Basically withouth them we are fucked and the no hopers get their own way again

Cannot see the fan base buying into this- think we should force them to hand the club over
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:04:50 »

This is apparently what is going on behind the scenes, have heard this from several people today, just wanted to tell people that this is possibly the explanation:-

The club is in turmoil, i have heard several things today that i think might be true.

Apparently Bill Power wants full control of the club and obviously Devlin is siding with Power, however the Wills family and a couple of others are against this hence the falling out and split between the board, it looks like it could end up with Power and Devlin leaving the club and our club will be in turmoil as we will have no investment and we will be back to square one with Willie Carson and Sandy Gray running the show.

I have also heard something else today that worries me greatly, the players are unhappy because of Paul Ince, they are unhappy because he has come in on a £4,000-£5,000 a week wage and he basically walks straight into the team even though he is clearly very unfit.

Alot of people feel that someone who is almost 39 and has missed pre-season training will not be able to reach the required fitness level.

I think that signing Ince was a bad mistake, Lambert would have been a better signing Ince is a waste of money, he's too old and past his best now, and their seems to be problems within the squar because of him as well.

Things do not look good at all, the club could fall apart and to make things worse maybe Wise will go as well, all this would damage our club severely and we will probably fall further down the league.

All of our optimism for this season could soon disappear, we could end up back in the bad times with no money and a crap board and crap manager.

I hope the board can sort things out and settle their differences otherwise i fear the worst, with Power and Devlin gone, Wise would probably go and all the fans would disappear and we would end up in the conference in a year or two, i fear the worst but hopefully things will get sorted.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:05:37 »

Also dont want the club we love run by those clowns again- i supposed Sandy baby will be CEO as well again to add insult to injury!!!!

Coupled with the fact of no busines nouse and lack of footie knowledge and finance to take us forward
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:08:47 »

Jesus christ rockincockinrobin I hope you are on a windon up and/or wrong.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:08:48 »

my god are you fucking for real?
sonic youth

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:11:09 »

i missed the interview on the radio, but i have heard that linda birrell - the club secretary - has been made redundant.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:13:32 »

don't mean to sound insensitive, but wont ssw "move on" soon. wouldn't that leave the way clearfor power and co. or would his ownership be given directly to his next of kin.

Things get better but they never get good
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:15:50 »

I am in no way winding anyone up, i am a hardcore supporter of this football club and i really hope that things are not as bad as this and i hope the board can settle their differences and put everything behind them so we can concentrate on getting promoted this season.

You are right sonic youth Linda Birrell has left the club but it seems this is just one of many things that is going on, that is minor compared to other things.

I hope things are not as bad as they seem, sort it out board otherwise you will destroy this football club.
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:19:08 »

Swindon town dave, i think that if Sir Seton "passed on" then his son James wills would take over, the best thing Sir Seton could do is hand over control to Bill Power, then the club would be moving forward and not backwards, if Power leaves and Devlin goes as well this club will be moving rapidly backwards as Wise could end up leaving as well and taking Poyet with him and the fans would not bother coming anymore we would be stuck with 2,000-3,000 attendances every home game and we would lose even more money and probably go bust.
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:26:36 »

I am not a scaremonger, i am just passing on information that i have heard from a few people today, i am not saying in anyway that this is 100% true, there is obviously a big problem with the board no doubt about it and i really hope that get things sorted, as for the ince thing it could be true then again it might not be, i have never said that is is definitley true i am just passing on what i have heard.

I have been very optimistic this season and have been to most games including all the away games and i really hope that this club does not return to the dark old days.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:28:59 »

So is your source someone who may know, or someone who knows someone who....well you know..
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:33:54 »

Apparently one of their friends knows someone who works for the club, it could be aload of crap but with this football club i wouldnt rule anything out, bad things always seem to happen to us, things are looking quite good this season let's just hope nothing major goes wrong, we could get into the championship within 3-4 years providing we have the backing and Wise stays.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:37:58 »

If Devlin and Power go we will be heading to conference south

It is time the Wills family handed their majority shareholding over
sonic youth

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:39:32 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
If Devlin and Power go we will be heading to conference south

that's precisely the sort of utter bullshit i'd expect you to spout, you stupid cunt.

WE'RE SECOND IN THE LEAGUE.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: