Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know ofthe changes behind the scenes?  (Read 37764 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 10:26:37 »

So, to summarise,

Devlin says he consulted Wills Jr and Power over Ince and all was well.
Holt says he didn't do it by the book and now we are over budget and some board members are pissed off.

i
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 11:07:08 »

Quote from: "Batch"
So, to summarise,

Devlin says he consulted Wills Jr and Power over Ince and all was well.
Holt says he didn't do it by the book and now we are over budget and some board members are pissed off.

i

or Devlin started negotiations and checked if it was ok in principle.  Devlin goes off sick and Holt being the useless waste of space he is concludes the negotiations despite note thinking it stacks up, then blames Devlin for the deal despite the fact he could have pulled out if need be.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 11:12:11 »

To be fair Rob, I don't think Holt has been involved in any of this other than having been dragged out in the past couple of days to act as spokesman and "front-end" a mess that others have created. Although I am starting to regard Bob Holt as kind of a cross between Kate Adie and the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse - when Bob turns up, you really know we're in the s**t
flammableBen

« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 11:15:49 »

I read what bob holt said as "Please come back mark, nobody knows what they're doing". Maybe mixed in a bit of caution from the wills family; they can see spending going up and wouldn't want to be left picking up the pieces again if the power thing went brady-esque.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 11:16:02 »

Yep, don't think Bob has a day-to-day interest in the club. Maybe he has been more active since the crash in providing cover?

As Paul says, we only ever see him when something is going down. usually something bad.

Fear the reaper.
---------

FB: I read it as "please come back Mark and clear up your fucking mess".

I think I am way too cynical in things STFC. Everything will be alright *LALALALALA I can't hear you"
Piemonte

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 11:26:42 »

thankfully, I'm starting to think this is all a bit of a storm in a teacup

Wills has the hump becasue he had to foot the bill for the Ince transfer, due to Power being out of action seems to be the jist of it.
Piemonte

« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 12:20:02 »

brief statement here from Ben whats-his-face

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/Forum_New/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30545&whichpage=2
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 12:24:54 »

doesn't sound as bad as everyone thinks tbh. something isn't right though
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 12:47:47 »

Hmmm so no one speaks to Devlin or Power so Wills jnr puts some extra cash in so we can sign Ince.Takes a bit credit for the Wills family then decides a few weeks later he always wanted it back and so commences a bit toy of throwing.A loyal club servant loses her job.

Then Bob Holt/Kate Adie steps up to the spotlight and says "in buisness people sometimes wind each other up"Now im not a captain of industry but if I was running a buisness I wouldn't try and sort things out through the locals papers Id use one of those new fangled phones and if that didnt work id do it face to face(assuming they have an adress for power/Devlin)

If I was Power/Devlin id tell them to fuck off im afraid,he just nearly died who needs this sort of crap?I can also see Wise walking .

/
W56196272
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 12:57:24 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Hmmm so no one speaks to Devlin or Power so Wills jnr puts some extra cash in so we can sign Ince.Takes a bit credit for the Wills family then decides a few weeks later he always wanted it back and so commences a bit toy of throwing.A loyal club servant loses her job.

Then Bob Holt/Kate Adie steps up to the spotlight and says "in buisness people sometimes wind each other up"Now im not a captain of industry but if I was running a buisness I wouldn't try and sort things out through the locals papers Id use one of those new fangled phones and if that didnt work id do it face to face(assuming they have an adress for power/Devlin)

If I was Power/Devlin id tell them to fuck off im afraid,he just nearly died who needs this sort of crap?I can also see Wise walking .

Normal trip to the shops or a lunchtime power walk?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 13:10:41 »

I hope Wise doesnt walk- but it would not suprise me if this lot stay in charge and MD/BP do get ousted.

Then we will be back to square 1, still Kingy is out of work guys
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 13:20:03 »

Two things we can probably all agree on:

1) We don't know the full facts of this and until we do, ill-informed speculation and slagging people off based on ill-informed speculation is not going to help and may actively make things worse
2) So, Bart, stop it.

Cheesy
mr ian

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 13:23:47 »

the second longest town end thread ever, theres more shit in these 9 pages than the 106 in the longest tef.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 13:30:09 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Two things we can probably all agree on:

1) We don't know the full facts of this and until we do, ill-informed speculation and slagging people off based on ill-informed speculation is not going to help and may actively make things worse
2) So, Bart, stop it.

Cheesy

Here Here Paul,

I have stayed quiet on this up till now.  

We should stop pouring petrol on the flames that could possibly create a monster through our own misplaced speculation.

It's time for it to stop ............... it really is !
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 13:42:40 »

Would love to interview Paul Ince and say something like:

'Paul, you've had a glittering footballing career spanning over 15 years, which has taken you to the top of the Premiership and on to international honours. Football has given you a very good living. How does it feel to come to a small club like Swindon, knowing that a lowly secretary had to be made redundant in order for the club to finance your wages, which appear to be vastly in excess of anything given to any other player ?'

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: