Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Ince  (Read 8348 times)
McLovin

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 20:23:45 »

This is the performance i expected Tuesday. seems although he proved a few of us wrong that night, our fears are/were justified.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 20:27:37 »

he should be sent away for 2/3 weeks to get fully fit, then made to battle for his place in the squad.

Also, do you think that we are expecting too much from him. after all, hes 38, he aint gonna be tearing around the field anymore. Are expectation levels too high?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:23:17 »

Still too early to judge for me. He needs fitness then we'll know one way or the other.

Not sure about him and Evans in the same team mind.
sonic youth

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:25:54 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Case of Wisey's mate being dropped straight into a team regardless of what it'll do to the team. It was good before he arrived, and a winning team should never be changed.

Drop him again.

it wasn't a winning team that was changed, as we lost at wrexham.

he's clearly unfit but i thought he had a good game against Franchise, although struggled today. asking someone who isn't fit to play central midfield in such a combative league is akin to asking me to perform ballet.

is he going to be the new swindon scapegoat?
Amir

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:33:48 »

You would hope not, he was taken off at half-time so Wise obviously saw like we all did that it wasn't working.  Don't think he was that great against MK but he did a job.
sonic youth

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:37:39 »

the only other option in the middle at the moment is weston, who has flattered to decieve, so i could see the logic in bringing ince in. the boost it gave the fans at wrexham at half-time was quite notable i thought.

it didn't pay off in quite such spectacular fashion, but it's back to the drawing board. i swear some people still think we're at the bottom of the league.
Amir

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 21:44:29 »

the only other option in the middle at the moment is weston, who has flattered to decieve, so i could see the logic in bringing ince in. the boost it gave the fans at wrexham at half-time was quite notable i thought

I'm just shocked Holgate hasn't been given another chance since the Brentford game.

it didn't pay off in quite such spectacular fashion, but it's back to the drawing board. i swear some people still think we're at the bottom of the league.

The football league is upside down do-dah do-dah Cheesy
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 22:42:25 »

ince hasn't impressed me and i don't think it's because expectations are too high, he doesn't look part of the team, and since he's arrived we haven't played aswell, at 2:40 he'd already gone in and didn't seem to want to warm-up with the team today, aswell as having to get told to sign autographs for the people he'd just walked past! i don't think expecting him to hold up play and look interested is too much to ask! i'll give him a month to prove himself. Although i don't like the fact to start off with he was saying he wanted to come and get his coaching badges and playing was a bonus (once he got fit) now he's in the team straight away and saying he wants to play 20+ games?! I hope he proves me wrong, and is an asset to our club.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 18:41:45 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "Northern Red"
Case of Wisey's mate being dropped straight into a team regardless of what it'll do to the team. It was good before he arrived, and a winning team should never be changed.

Drop him again.

it wasn't a winning team that was changed, as we lost at wrexham.

he's clearly unfit but i thought he had a good game against Franchise, although struggled today. asking someone who isn't fit to play central midfield in such a combative league is akin to asking me to perform ballet.

er....he come on as sub at the wrexham game didnt he?

Maybe its just his presence in the team thats affecting them.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 16:25:39 »

We've got a reserve game against Cardiff on Wednesday, wonder if Incey will play the full 90 in that one, he needs to.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 16:44:55 »

The way I see it is that he probably wouldn't have played on Saturday if Jack Smith was available.

Shakes wouldn't have had to play at RB, Weston would not have had to play RM so Shakes would have been playing RM with Weston in the middle.

The other option would of course been Pook in the centre.  Wonder how many people would have had more of a problem with that?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 18:03:12 »

was going to say the same thing - the squad was decided due to injury
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 18:26:49 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
The way I see it is that he probably wouldn't have played on Saturday if Jack Smith was available.

Shakes wouldn't have had to play at RB, Weston would not have had to play RM so Shakes would have been playing RM with Weston in the middle.

The other option would of course been Pook in the centre.  Wonder how many people would have had more of a problem with that?

whats happened to Gareth Whalley anyway. isn't he back from injury yet? its just another option should we need it. what about Wise playing himself as well?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 18:34:42 »

Think Wise sees himself as a squad player for the second half of the season once more injuries, fatigue and suspensions are playing their part more.

Just my gut feeling on this.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 21:14:24 »

Wise, Poyet and Whalley were all doing laps around the pitch on Saturday morning. Poyet had a bleepy stopwatch thing in his hand so they are obviously both taking their own fitness levels really seriously and we might probably see Wise soonish.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: