Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Ince  (Read 8349 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 23:27:37 »

Upon hearing the final whistle Ince and Peacock launched themselves into eachothers arms - don't think there's a problem.

It just shows how much it all means to them if they're occasionally having a go about a misplaced pass - they all want to get it right and not settling for almost and nearly like we have done for too many seasons.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 23:46:40 »

good to hear - missed that. We can assess him properly when he's fit
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 23:47:17 »

i think he was ace. i think the fact he's able to tackle properly in the centre of midfield and can pull a pass out when the  ball looks to be travelling away from him shows is ace.

i think he showed his class today and look forward to better performances

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
fatbury

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 07:17:15 »

I thought he was class personally ..
kevjoycreed

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 07:52:57 »

Evans and Ince are a secure centre mid but restricts our attacking options. I couldn't believe how deep the midfield looked throughout the whole game, that just led to the inevitable long ball. We need to sign a decent right winger to allow Weston back into the middle to play in front of either Ince or Evans and link play up to Roberts and Peacock.
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 08:03:05 »

I though Ince was a little off the pace, but got better as the game went on.

He needs games though, so theres little option but to play him and wait for the improvement.
McLovin

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:18:19 »

He was average by his standards, but that's still a lot better than Paul Mitchell. Just wait until he's firing on all cylinders! Cool
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:20:17 »

Thought Ince had quite a strange game. technically I thought he was excellent. His tackling was great and his passing was good too. However he did blatantly lack fitness. As for the lack of getting forward from a evans and ince CM partnership, I thought Ince got forward well last night and it was his run into the box that got us the first penalty.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:26:25 »

What Piemonte said.

He was clearly off the pace, but it's like one of my mates said last night, great that he got through the full 90, as there's no quicker or better way of getting back to 100% fitness.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:31:26 »

Ince did OK i thought. not amazing but he did his job well
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 11:22:45 »

I think Ince was average but made some good tackles. However I will not be one of these people that judges a player from one or two games because thats just craziness.He is THEE paul Ince, I know for a fact we havent seen what he is properly capable of yet and I for one,can not wait  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

RED ARMY
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:28:36 »

I bet Incey's feeling it this morning . Even though he's clearly not match fit his class still shines through, especially in the 'rochdale' league.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:32:11 »

Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"
I bet Incey's feeling it this morning . Even though he's clearly not match fit his class still shines through, especially in the 'rochdale' league.
Has Reg been a bit quiet lately?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 12:34:25 »

I've adopted it for general conversation - I feel it very apt to best describe the levle of football we're at.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 13:01:07 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I though Ince was a little off the pace, but got better as the game went on.

He needs games though, so theres little option but to play him and wait for the improvement.

Quote from: "kevjoycreed"
Evans and Ince are a secure centre mid but restricts our attacking options. I couldn't believe how deep the midfield looked throughout the whole game, that just led to the inevitable long ball. We need to sign a decent right winger to allow Weston back into the middle to play in front of either Ince or Evans and link play up to Roberts and Peacock.

I agree with both these comments, its not ideal Ince and Evans but it’s the best for the moment.

As your Ince’s performance you have to take into account he’s never played with these players and he’s not 100% fit. This lead to a ineffective first 20 minutes but I thought he was ace after that. You have to realise he’s getting on now and wont be tracking back 40 yards to make a tackle every 5 minutes even when he does get fit, however what he brings to our side is invaluable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: