Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Ince  (Read 8347 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 21:46:39 »

Now maybe I am setting myself up to be shot down, or maybe I am being rational because I am an old bastard but ..............

a lot of boo boys were out for Ince in the Town End tonight but I would like to note the following points ;

I remember the same reaction to Evo after the Reading game and now the consensus is that he has been our signing of the season (and quite rightly so)

OK Ince is not match fit, but how do we get him to that state ?, put him in the reserves who only have a game at best, every other week, and hope that he is match fit by January ?......... no sometimes you just got to take a flyer and go with it.

I am sure that once he finds his feet we will have the best centre mid partnership not only in our league but the league above too.

Just my views......
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 21:48:43 »

Paul Ince was clearly not match fit, he was very good when he had the ball at his feet and had time to pick out a pass.

First 20 minutes he was doing his best Michael Pook impression, he got better as time went on though.

He is clearly a pre-season behind, so I hope he's putting in the extra training.

If he had signed before the season started we wouldnt have this problem
mr ian

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 21:52:22 »

tbh i heard only cheers for him.

hw got stronger as the game went on

i was suprised wise kept him on all game.
kaufman

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 21:53:13 »

pook is slowing going away
mr ian

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 21:56:03 »

slowly, but i dont think anyone is out of contention in our squad, sorry.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 21:57:23 »

Quote from: "mr ian"
tbh i heard only cheers for him.

hw got stronger as the game went on

i was suprised wise kept him on all game.

I think if Smith had not gone off then Ince would have come off for Shakes with about 20 to go
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 22:07:11 »

I would have been reluctant to pick Evo and Ince in midfield today but Wisey got it right.

They were pretty solid and although Ince had no pace or fitness he flung himself in the way of everything and passed the ball very well. When fully fit that pairing will boss this league
mr ian

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 22:13:32 »

yeah he got it right tonight but ince/evans partnership worries me
neither like to break into the box and if one of our fowards is out wide
i feel there will be a lack of support for them.

but tonight it worked even if it wasnt pretty.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 22:28:48 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
a lot of boo boys were out for Ince in the Town End tonight but I would like to note the following points

Don't worry these are probably the same idiots that were booing when Ifil hoofed it to nobody.

Now i get annoyed with his inablitiy to pass but he had another ace game, the morons need to STFU.  :evil:
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 22:30:14 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
a lot of boo boys were out for Ince in the Town End tonight but I would like to note the following points

Don't worry these are probably the same idiots that were booing when Ifil hoofed it to nobody.

Now i get annoyed with his inablitiy to pass but he had another ace game, the morons need to STFU.  :evil:

Shrewsbury Town Football United? what's that got to do with anything?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 22:30:25 »

Now maybe I am setting myself up to be shot down, or maybe I am being rational because I am an old bastard but ..............
a lot of boo boys were out for Ince in the Town End tonight but I would like to note the following points ; <SNIP>

Boos? For Ince? Are you sure. I was stood there and didn't hear any.

Ince needs training/games. He'll come good.
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 22:31:44 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

Shrewsbury Town Football United? what's that got to do with anything?

STFU = Show Their Fucking Udders
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 22:33:13 »

I agree my friend..............and they are probably the first to leave when we drop a couple of points !

Once again tonight had a bunch of fair weather friends as my new best mates !
Northern Red

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 23:22:53 »

From what I heard it sounds like Ince isn't much at the moment and may be disrupting the teamwork that's been so good so far.
To quote the cliche "Why change a winning team" (I know we won tonight, but 6 in a row without Ince).

Is he the first name on the team sheet, or should he play dependent on the opposition, or maybe a subs role?

Now he's played a full game, lets discuss.....
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 23:26:26 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
From what I heard it sounds like Ince isn't much at the moment and may be disrupting the teamwork that's been so good so far.
To quote the cliche "Why change a winning team" (I know we won tonight, but 6 in a row without Ince).

Is he the first name on the team sheet, or should he play dependent on the opposition, or maybe a subs role?

Now he's played a full game, lets discuss.....

Once he is fit it is Evo and him all the way in CM

no one will be able to handle them !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: