Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bouncebackability - The return of the spine of the team  (Read 2423 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 13:01:23 »

Saturday was a bit disappointing but we had to lose at some point and I would rather get it out of the way earlier and see how we bounce back. We have the ideal opportunity with back to back home games this week and I feel with the return of Ifil we will record maximum points. Think the success of this season has been built on the spine of the time with Ifil, Evans and Roberts being quality in the opening games and the first time we lose one of them we lost our way a bit so I think with the return of the beast we will be stronger and prove in the words of Ian Dowie that we have bouncebackability.
Doore

« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 13:15:38 »

Good post, completely agree.  The beast has been immense this season so far.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 13:22:47 »

Id like to see the following line up

Brezovan
Smith Ifil Williams Vincent
Weston Ince Evans Caton
Peacock Roberts

Subs Nicholas Shakes Brown/Monky (who ever is fitter) Brownlie Onibuje
mr ian

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 13:34:52 »

i dont think ince is ready to start yet.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:24:20 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Saturday was a bit disappointing but we had to lose at some point and I would rather get it out of the way earlier and see how we bounce back. We have the ideal opportunity with back to back home games this week and I feel with the return of Ifil we will record maximum points. Think the success of this season has been built on the spine of the time with Ifil, Evans and Roberts being quality in the opening games and the first time we lose one of them we lost our way a bit so I think with the return of the beast we will be stronger and prove in the words of Ian Dowie that we have bouncebackability.

Would have prefered to stay unbeaten for a long time myself   Cheesy
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:24:31 »

agree with the point about our spine of the team, although we did start the season with a midfield of pook and weston but managed to notch up a couple of good wins. the three players you mentioned are without doubt the three key players for us this season though, you're not wrong there.

how strange to think that only a year ago the majority barracked ifil for being error prone, roberts was nowhere to be seen and we still lacked that holding midfielder we've so desperately needed.

"Weston Ince Evans Caton"

replace evans with pook and that'd be the worst midfield we could possibly field.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 16:08:58 »

Paul Ince isnt match fit for fuck sake....saturday showed that

DONT START INCE!

Dont even suggest it...
Plumstead Red
Formerly Arkells Chris

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 16:22:20 »

It will be good to get Ifil back.

The disappointing thing about Wrexham was that once we went behind, we did not know how to come back at them. Wrexham stepped up a gear and we didn't.

So I would like to see Town knowing what to do if we do go behind in the second half of a match.

I know we (luckily, I think, even though we bossed the 2nd half) came back against Barnet, but we did have most of the match to do that.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 21:21:52 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Paul Ince isnt match fit for fuck sake....saturday showed that

DONT START INCE!

Dont even suggest it...

Yes, but after the Reading pre-season friendly people were saying, "Ooooooh, Paul Evans is a big fat unfit pile of dog poo" but the next minute he was our best player. Stick Ince in I say!

BTW DV - you are as horny as fuck - FACT!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 21:31:59 »

I also think we need Shakes out wide to help Jack Smith out with lloyd dyer, who's going to be their main threat now Mcleod isn't playing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: