Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WREXHAM vs SWINDON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 22256 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 15:09:50 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Sorry I disagree, if Peacock is running towards goal, towards where the ball is going, a defender has to cover him, which makes him active. Thus offside.

Any neutral fan would say offside.
I disagree purely because he wasn't being properly marked. Otherwise you could use that excuse for every "inactive offside" that isn't given
Northern Red

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 17:03:38 »

At the end of the day the prat should've realised that Roberts was onto it, and put his hands up to say "I'm inactive" and stopped running. He's to blame here, the lino did his job correctly. That's one of the few times I'm taking the lino's side.
DMR

« Reply #152 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 18:35:11 »

Peacock was about half a yard away from the ball when Roberts scored, it had to be offside. Peacock's like McDermott was, it's like watching someone run in slow motion
sonic youth

« Reply #153 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:02:40 »

watching the highlights, roberts was definitely onside. i still wonder whether peacock was actually offside as well
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:04:24 »

watching the highlights I noted.

Roberts never offside, perfectly good goal

Both their goals came from our left and Adie Williams was too deep for both of them, for what was the eventual penalty he was about 10 yards behind everyone.....

:evil:

stupid goals to give away, plus we should have been 2-0 up anyway
DMR

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:06:00 »

Looked a goal to me too

Their winner wasn't as soft as I thought but still poor
sonic youth

« Reply #156 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:09:21 »

oh and the wrexham player who won the penalty was funny as fuck, it looked as if he was rolling downhill
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:13:30 »

Just watched the highlights...although its academic now, Peacock wasn't interfering with play - the defender was tracking Roberts and Peacock was unmarked at the backpost. The lino wasn't at fault really though - there was no way of telling who would put it in and Peacock did run in as if he wanted to finish it off - it may be instinctive but he has to take some of the blame. But the ref should then have consulted the lino and let the goal stand.

As for Brownlie's miss at the end......
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:17:13 »

...and I'd assume Ady Williams has been instructed to sweep up behind Nicho, who goes to the ball.

On the first, if the ball had been down the middle then Williams would've been there, and for the second notice that the first ball in Nicho went to challenge - so Ady Williams had to be deeper in behind.
Northern Red

« Reply #159 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:23:11 »

Offside. If we weren't Swindon fans, we'd definately be saying Peacock was offside, good decision.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:25:19 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Offside. If we weren't Swindon fans, we'd definately be saying Peacock was offside, good decision.

Peacock didnt touch the ball

Peacocks run didnt obstruct the keepers path to the ball

Peacocks run didnt obstruct the defenders path to the ball

Plus look where the linesman is standing, edge of the box....and Wrexham took the resulting free kick from Roberts starting position.

Perfectly good goal....
mr ian

« Reply #161 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:29:28 »

at that point in the game the lino was getting some stick of the crowd behind him and he took the easy option and stuck his flag up.

i agree with the above
Northern Red

« Reply #162 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:38:55 »

hmmmm.. this could go on and on.
End of the day, some agree, some don't. Goal wasn't given, we lost.
mr ian

« Reply #163 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 19:45:14 »

yes but it should of been given because.....  Cheesy
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 07:41:36 »

My first away game of the season and our first loss Sad i'm blaming myself!

Have to say though that it was probably a fair result,we just couldn't get the ball in the second half,the boyo's were all over us,bastards!No problems with the penalty,the bloke was looking for it but it was a easy decision for the ref,Brez was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Evans goal was absolute quality  Cheesy As for the Roberts off-side goal,i'm pretty sure the lino was bullied into it by the Wrexham fans behind him,cause it looked ok to me[admittedly from behind the goal]..but not a lot we can do about it really.The run had to end sometime,wish it hadn't happened when i was there though!
I was sat behind Rudeboydreas Cool and i hit his mate in the back of the head Oops

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: