Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: grunt sniff  (Read 4339 times)
farmer geoff

« on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 22:10:41 »

grant smith has been released by bristol city after cancelling his contract tonight making him a free agent. He wouldnt get in are team these days. idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 22:14:31 »

A case of a move based of greed going wrong. It didn't work out for Heywood or Smith at City did it.

He'll find a club somewhere I'm sure.
farmer geoff

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 22:18:00 »

barnsley had him on trial, but im thinking he would be out of his depth at that level.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 00:42:59 »

Poor old Grunt...could have been a player here but went for a few quid more....he deserves all he gets.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 03:43:25 »

He'll end up at Rovers no doubt
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 03:52:48 »

More likely Forest Green !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 09:08:06 »

Disappointed.  I really liked Smith as a player at town, thought he was treated like shit by Kingy, but then he blew it when he joined City - although I can kinda see why he did it.

Can see him going back up north now.
Northern Red

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 09:09:22 »

Since he's released he can sign for someone outside of transfer windows can't he?
el duque

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 09:26:46 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Disappointed.  I really liked Smith as a player at town, thought he was treated like shit by Kingy, but then he blew it when he joined City - although I can kinda see why he did it.

I liked him too. I felt that given the right encouragement, and a decent opportunity, he could have established himself as a very useful player.

Whatever was said about money, you can't blame him for wanting to move away from a club managed by Andy King.
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 09:27:56 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Since he's released he can sign for someone outside of transfer windows can't he?

yeah he can, presumably that's why shitty released him yesterday.
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 09:29:55 »

I suspect we'll be seeing him at the CG at some point this season.

Thankfully not in our side though the cunt.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 09:30:33 »

Didn't he sign a three year deal at city?  Or was it just a two year contract?

He'll be paid off no matter, I'm sure he'll listen to his dad next time a club come sniffing round for young Grunt.
sonic youth

« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 09:31:09 »

walsall maybe?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 11:23:49 »

nah he went there and they didn't want him. dare i say MK?
alex

« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 1, 2006, 22:45:16 »

Quote from: "janaage"

I agree in that he was treated like shit by King but by the end of his time here he was getting regular first team football for the first time in his life! Fair enough, City may have been offering a few extra quid but lets face it, after failing to establish a first team place in any of his ten or so clubs before Swindon, the lad was stupid to listen to his know-it-all father and leave Swindon, the first club where he played regularly and no doubt the first club where the fans were singing his name. Although young grunt may point to the benefit of hindsight, if he had only stuck with Swindon and not given in to City's fat tempting wage packet, I am sure he would now be playing for us in League One. So based on that... the greedy bastard deserves everything that comes to him, he can rot in Forest Green Reserves and reminisce about his "glory days" at the mighty Town.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: