Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: stockport match report  (Read 3998 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 19:49:54 »

good result, clearly deserved to win stockport were a poor side. they tried to play football but again, as with all the other teams ive seen this season the end piece is crap! whenever a ball comes through our defence or we feel threatened im not even bothered because i know if its on target brez will have it, but more than likely theyll just punt it into the stand!

however, we didnt kill the game off. we scorned various chances were we could have gone 3 or 4 up.

6800- v good, considering bank holiday etc. i was expecting 6k so to see close to 7 is great, hopefully this will climb abit as the season progresses.

away support - crap in numbers but vocal for a small group.

arkells crew- is the arkells the new townend? im loving the singing against the away support, would be good to have another 100 or so over there.

town end - on form as always

players that stood out today: ifil - superb game, got loads of confidence and is putting in some great tackles. solid cb, working well with williams, who himself is reliable.

peacock - works so hard, great passing and vision. i love the guy because hes so committed shame he doesnt knock a few more in.

shakes  - had a better game today but first touch still letting him down

brown - not bad, but should still sit to rot in the reserves

cant be bothered with the rest!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 20:08:00 »

Frankly we never needed to play that well to gain the easy win. Stockport did indeed knock it around nicely at times without doing anything much. They had a few chances though and we'll need to be on better for against the better teams. I'm sure we will.

Away support was reasonable, but anyone who takes a drum to a football game  should really have the shit kicked out of them.

Town End was mostly subdued I thought.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 20:14:04 »

i was disapointed with the gate.what do people want.we've won every league game!
Melksham Red

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 20:24:28 »

Stockport are in the shit. Very very bad team. I was embarassed for them. Comprehensive victory and could have been four or five. They're joining Oxford.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 20:50:12 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i was disapointed with the gate.what do people want.we've won every league game!

yea but we are in league 2! stockport is hardly a glamorous fixture is it?!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 20:52:22 »

when we get the ticket offer matches, then attendances will be pushing 9000. if we're doing well of course.

Things get better but they never get good
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 21:00:04 »

i had fun shouting "FUCK OFF CHELSEA. FUCK OFF CHELSEA"at a bloke in the town end today. it annoys me these twats wear other colours to a town match.

he told me to "fuck off ugly" the second time i did it though. i thought it a cheap shot and a poor obvious dig.

but the point is, atleast we're getting money off these pricks that are coming along to watch a town match instead of staying away

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 21:01:34 »

Quote from: "bennett"
i had fun shouting "FUCK OFF CHELSEA. FUCK OFF CHELSEA"at a bloke in the town end today.

Wasn't Ballack from Hartlepool was it?  
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 21:02:32 »

nope it was a chavvy type who i thought could deal with the abuse

spencer (gk) also liked my comment on his red boots when he was wearing green. i gave him a thumbs up when he smiled at me

Cool

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 22:17:22 »

Quote from: "arriba"

we're in league two, away teams bring fuck all and you can't exactly say that stockport is an attractive proposition.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 22:22:47 »

Quote from: "bennett"
i had fun shouting "FUCK OFF CHELSEA. FUCK OFF CHELSEA"at a bloke in the town end today. it annoys me these twats wear other colours to a town match.

he told me to "fuck off ugly" the second time i did it though. i thought it a cheap shot and a poor obvious dig.

but the point is, atleast we're getting money off these pricks that are coming along to watch a town match instead of staying away

Go Bennett! Totally agree.

RED ARMY
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 23:45:57 »

i'm sure bennett feels much better now that you've sanctioned his actions sade

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 27, 2006, 00:58:13 »

Hmmm well I thought the Stockport fans were excellent.In some ways its easier to be loud and have a laugh when you a long way from home and playing shit.But none the less fair play to them.

/
W56196272
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 27, 2006, 08:32:23 »

Talking about gates Oxford have crowds of over 5000 which is pretty impressive for a conference side.  They took over 1500 to Weymouth and have been taking 1000+ away.  

I thought the Stockport fans were pretty good considering they were pretty awful.  The drum got on my nerves though.
kaufman

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 27, 2006, 09:00:22 »

we had the highest gate in league 2 again yesterday.

notty county v peterborough was second with about 500 less than us
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: