Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loan Players  (Read 1901 times)
Sydney Red

« on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 09:31:09 »

Does anyone else see the potential importance/influence of this seasons lack of loan players. Purely from the point of view of playing together and players not being undermined by loan players replacing them at the start of the season, as happened every year under King.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 09:34:22 »

yes i do. a bigger wage budget has helped stamp out loan players and im gald about that. it has definatly helped us this season
Northern Red

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 09:41:42 »

It's great to start the season without loans (but bear in mind Brezovan is a loanee).
I think it would be nice to have a loan player or two to challenge for positions (we mainly think in the midfield or wings) as the season goes on.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 09:41:50 »

By all accounts our current squad is being payed less than the squad inherited by Wise, according to him.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 09:58:42 »

could be true. people like Brownlie and Fola wont be on much
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 13:22:51 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
By all accounts our current squad is being payed less than the squad inherited by Wise, according to him.

That must mean King had less to spend than Iffy

With money somewhat tighter at this stage 12 months ago

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/news_headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=5628
SwindonStevo

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 13:26:18 »

No it’s probably because all the players that were here last year wages have dropped due to relegation. Mark Devlin said plenty of times that in the players contracts it was written in that there wages would rise by a certain percentage and decrease by the same relegation depending on promotion/relegation.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 13:29:06 »

And on the accounts of loans, Brezovan is a good non-unsettling loan with a view to a permanent move. It also means if we need to strengthen due to injuries in January we can, kingy would have had a loan or two left at this stage last year (probably?)
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 13:32:06 »

What happened to the "premiership youngster" that wise spoke about during pre-season? Anyone got any idea who it was?

Loans could still be crucial later in the season, but like everyone else I'm glad to see they dont make up half our 1st team anymore.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 13:33:47 »

there were rumours about a young liverpool right winger i believe, which im sure no one would complain about.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 13:51:57 »

Quote from: "SwindonStevo"
there were rumours about a young liverpool right winger i believe, which im sure no one would complain about.

Me thinks that was Paul Anderson if I remember rightly.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/anderson/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: