Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fourth test  (Read 15821 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:15:22 »

Must post this first,thus i will beat Sonic and Ultra  Cheesy The same team as the last game and no Akhtar for Pakistan.....yet he's probably going to play in the ODIs,joy :roll:

Anyone going to the Oval?And if you are,are you dressing up?

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Northern Red

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:18:36 »

Should've changed our team, given Jon Lewis and others a chance, while its a non-critical match.

Now we'll never know what we'd have played like with a different team.
I think this is weakness from the England selectors and it'll cost us in the long run...
Scot Munroe

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:20:16 »

they should had give stuart broad a test debut, after an impressive 20/20 outing on saturday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:22:30 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Should've changed our team, given Jon Lewis and others a chance, while its a non-critical match.

Now we'll never know what we'd have played like with a different team.
I think this is weakness from the England selectors and it'll cost us in the long run...

I posted before that perhaps the only change, may have been Broad for Hoggy, because he's been looking a bit knackered.....but the selectors have decided, these players got us to this position so deserve to be picked again...after all a test match is an important thing in itself.
Northern Red

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:24:20 »

Sure, but there's no such thing as friendlies in cricket, so surely this test is the nearest thing.

I just hate the idea of taking someone to OZ as injury cover who's not played for a few years if at all. We might need them. Is it safe to rely on the 'dream team' all the time...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:25:45 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"
they should had give stuart broad a test debut, after an impressive 20/20 outing on saturday.

I heard an interview with Broad, and I'd imagine he'll go to Australia,  but the only concern is that he's still growing, at the  moment he's about the ideal size, but the growth could easily be outwards as well as upwards, and may cause a problem.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 17:37:03 »

Don't change a winning team just for the sake of it,especially when we are going along well and there is a bit of positivity about the team,cause lets face it as soon as the ODIs begin we'll start losing again Sad

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 18:20:40 »

true true .. one dayers is the time to try a few people like Broad out
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 18:46:38 »

we may as well play a young team for the ODI games. we are just going to lose anyway
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 21:39:01 »

larwoods spot on

they could have taken borad into the squad for the experience but we are bulding a side for the ashes and should be picking our best side in this game because the next one we play will be in adelaide
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 08:41:06 »

I think the selectors are right, need to just have one more game as a squad. whether or not this first eleven will start the ashes is another matter. fringe players will probably get a chance in the one dayers at some point, usually do as we get thrashed.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 09:20:59 »

The england team is unchanged. While the pakistan team making a couple of changes. Currently 29-0 with rain stop play and i now think that they are taking lunch.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 14:27:29 »

91-5  :shock:
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 14:32:51 »

Could be a short test match if the weather stays the same. The ball's definitely doing a bit off the pitch
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 17, 2006, 16:31:24 »

173-8
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: