Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: rochdale match report...  (Read 4313 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 12:42:01 »

Quote from: "alex"

Vincent 4: looked nervous, passes went all over the place and didn't look at all comfortable in the first half particularly. Improved in the second half.

Shakes 5: lacked a first touch and although he looked dangerous when he ran with the ball, no final product ever appears from his occasional moments of brilliance.

Vincent 4?Huh?Huh? Must be mad.  Did very well and dealt with his man, what more can you ask for? I'd give him a 7 at least.

Shakes - Clearly your first game of the season. I don't know how you can say no final product as he scored Tuesday from his "final ball" cross or no cross. Ok some of his crossing is still poor however a 5 isn't very fair IMO and also lets not forget that if the lad every does give it away my god does he fight to get it back. Thats what I like to see in a player.
Spud

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 12:47:23 »

Apart from Vincent not being able to pass to a Red shirt, yeah he did ok.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 12:50:24 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "alex"

Vincent 4: looked nervous, passes went all over the place and didn't look at all comfortable in the first half particularly. Improved in the second half.

Shakes 5: lacked a first touch and although he looked dangerous when he ran with the ball, no final product ever appears from his occasional moments of brilliance.

Vincent 4?Huh?Huh? Must be mad.  Did very well and dealt with his man, what more can you ask for? I'd give him a 7 at least.

Shakes - Clearly your first game of the season. I don't know how you can say no final product as he scored Tuesday from his "final ball" cross or no cross. Ok some of his crossing is still poor however a 5 isn't very fair IMO and also lets not forget that if the lad every does give it away my god does he fight to get it back. Thats what I like to see in a player.

I think alex makes a fair enough point, there was no final product at all on saturday from Shakes, it would be a bit pointless rating players in a particular match if you based your judgement on their previous performances.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 12:53:15 »

I didn't say it wasn't valid, I said a 5 IMO was lower than he deserved.

He said no final product EVER which isn't the case.  Clearly "ever" meant other matches were coming into consideration. How can you compare other games when you have only attended 1 out of 3?
McLovin

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 13:59:03 »

I think Shakes will always divide opinion. I can appreciate his effort, and the times he manages to win possession. However, most of the good stuff he does is down to luck.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 14:00:17 »

I think Shakes will always divide opinion.

Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 14:18:36 »

Quote from: "Whits"

I think Shakes will always divide opinion.

Cheesy
His pace is so dangerous though. When he makes the run and somebody bothers to pick it out he can be so dangerous!

Half the time you see he eaither doesn't make the run or nobody picks it out!
sonic youth

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 15:23:42 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Apart from Vincent not being able to pass to a Red shirt, yeah he did ok.

That could be applied to most of our players yesterday in fairness.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 16:50:13 »

Brezovan 7 - Poor kicking but dealt with the rest without issue.

Smith 7 - Thought he did OK today.
Ifil 8 - Poor passing on occasion, but solid and some good passes too.
Williams 6- Thought he looked a bit rusty, to be expected
Vincent 7 - Did well with his  man

Shakes 7 - worked hard and won the frst pen, which was a pen (the second wasn't). Has no end product but at least he is trying
Pook 5 - Tried to get sent off by pushing a player then had the cheek to argue with the ref.
Evans 7 - Some missplaced passes but a bttler
Monkhouse 5 - A couple of good runs but I still can't see how he is better than Brown.

Roberts 7 - Worked hard but really needs a goal
Peacock 6 - Largely ineffective.

MOM: The Beast
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 17:00:00 »

Brezovan 6

Smith 6
Ifil 8
Williams 7
Vincent 6

Shakes 5 [mainly due to NO end product]
Pook 5 [should have been sent off for being a twat]
Evans 7
Monkhouse 6

Roberts 7
Peacock 7
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 18:21:17 »

I thought Roberts did everything right except shooting. He drifted wide to get space and became isolated a lot yet still managed to get the long ball down turn and create something from it. Unfortunately he couldn't finish for shit though.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 13, 2006, 20:00:53 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I thought Roberts did everything right except shooting. He drifted wide to get space and became isolated a lot yet still managed to get the long ball down turn and create something from it. Unfortunately he couldn't finish for shit though.

i think he lacks some confidence when it comes to finishing, so he's playing within himself. he had 3 shots (i think) and he put them all within the frame of the goal. i'd be more fucked off if he put them miles over or wide. he'll come good

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: