Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The grumpy reaction....  (Read 6139 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:30:20 »

What a load of shit.

Fuck off, please. I hate negative people.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:31:10 »

Hello, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't it League 2 football we are watching?  If people want nice passing moves, 90 mins of sustained skillfullness and that little bit of extra quality, might I suggest attending the CG this season is not going to be your thing.

We are in a shit league (yes, it is) which is just a bit shitter than last seasons one.

We won't have great players in our team

We will see long balls from time to time

We will see players fall over the ball every so often

We will see wingers who don't quite have that killer ball, or killer pace

We will see midfielders that can't quite pick out the perfect pass 90% of the time

However, what seems likely is the other side will be a little worse at many games.

Just enjoy scoring more than the opposition and remember, we got 2 promotions in the 80's playing some god awful football, but it was damned fun to watch still.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:32:21 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Hello, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't it League 2 football we are watching?  If people want nice passing moves, 90 mins of sustained skillfullness and that little bit of extra quality, might I suggest attending the CG this season is not going to be your thing.

We are in a shit league (yes, it is) which is just a bit shitter than last seasons one.

We will see midfielders that can't quite pick out the perfect pass 90% of the time

However, what seems likely is the other side will be a little worse at many games.

Just enjoy scoring more than the opposition and remember, we got 2 promotions in the 80's playing some god awful football, but it was damned fun to watch still.

Good post.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:46:35 »

Quote from: "Tails"
What a load of shit.

wasn't that post negative?

potty mouth, good you were polite after though

surely the best response would've been to ignore this thread/post?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:18:48 »

Completely agree, slagging off set pieces etc. is daft really, fact is the players aren't in higher leagues for a reason usually, if you want fluid football then get a season ticket at the Emerates Stadium.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:53:43 »

Quote from: "Tails"
What a load of shit.

Surely there's no need for a post like this - someone who is new to the forum and takes the time and effort to express their opinion?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 07:50:42 »

Looked like two teams getting to grips with the start of the new season to me.
mr ian

« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 09:27:57 »

There was an almost tangible desperation in the crowd, please let us be quite good again, which will inspire (or choke) the team.
[/
yessss we want to be good and we are desperate
to be the dogs bollocks of the division and walk round
and say were fucking swindon and proud of it.

as for choking or inspiring the team time will tell.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:06:02 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

Completely agree, slagging off set pieces etc. is daft really, fact is the players aren't in higher leagues for a reason usually, if you want fluid football then get a season ticket at the Emerates Stadium.

I agree with most of it, but our set pieces should be better and hence justifiably critisised.  

There is no excuse for a professional footballer to continually hit the first defender with a free kick/corner.
Doore

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:19:42 »

Absolutely correct.  If our players could put together smooth, quick, passing to feet moves all the time they wouldn't be here.  We have to accept our limitations and enjoy what they did/do well, not focus on their weaknesses that they are bound to have at this level.  Well said that man!
Piemonte

« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:23:18 »

Christy, If you think that was dismal last night did you go at all last season?

Now that was dismal. Or are you a ex-stayaway expecting us to batter everyone this season?

The team looked better in general than in 95% of the games I watched last season. Thats good enough for me.

Work rate was higher, organisation was better and there was more cutting edge up front. It wasnt perfect, but then I wasnt expecting it to be either.

There were some long balls, but as others have pointed out this is L2, not the champions league. players have limitations. I'd be inclined to say we actually had a few decent passing moves on tuesday night rather than focus on the long balls.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:30:08 »

I'm never a fan of this whole realistic negative optinion lets just enjoy the ride we have had loads of negative times lets try to enjoy the good times.

Moaning about performances is all good and well but to quote a cliche 'great teams win when there not at there best' just look at Chelsea how many times last season did you see them play poorly but still pick up 3 points, in this league were going to have to fight, work hard and play poorly at times to grind out wins but the end result is simply we need wins and out of 2 games we have a 100% record cant ask for anymore than that.

I'm far more optimistic that we havent been fantastic as yet but still won both if we keep winning and then our form starts improving then teams in this division will be scared to play us, I for one am still on cloud 9, bring on the season and promotion.  Cool
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:14:57 »

The performance on Tuesday was better than pretty much any game I saw last year, perhaps bar City home and away! (Which shows how much difference our support made imo!)

We were not great, but we played SOME nice football in our better patches, and how you can say Barnet looked fitter is beyond me as we peppered their end towards the end even if there were few clear chances.

And they only had about 2 shots on target all game wit ha strikeforce that is keeping Graz on the bench. Defending like that is what could help us do well this year, not walking it round the opposition
normy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:56:32 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Christy, If you think that was dismal last night did you go at all last season?

Now that was dismal. Or are you a ex-stayaway expecting us to batter everyone this season?

The team looked better in general than in 95% of the games I watched last season. Thats good enough for me.

Work rate was higher, organisation was better and there was more cutting edge up front. It wasnt perfect, but then I wasnt expecting it to be either.

There were some long balls, but as others have pointed out this is L2, not the champions league. players have limitations. I'd be inclined to say we actually had a few decent passing moves on tuesday night rather than focus on the long balls.

Piemonte speaks truly. We mixed the game up quite well, and looked fitter near the end, no comparison with last season's mainly hoofball.

ust be the oldest
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:56:42 »

There seem to be two main streams of disagreement to my original post.

I completely understand the 'we won, so shut up and enjoy it' responses.  There's logic there.  However,  I still think we'll have to improve significantly to keep winning, and it's hardly demanding Champions League standard to expect more than three shots on target against a woeful Barnet team, is it?  Of the 15/16 games I saw last season, I'd say this wasn't as good as (top of my head for starters) Yeovil, Huddersfield away, City, Colchester, Swansea, Bournemouth, Walsall, Gillingham.... I believe we're capable of getting better and will, but well remember that it took years of misery to get out of Division Four last time.....and won't get too excited, too soon!

I don't understand the point of the abusive, sniping and dismissive responses.  Is questioning the tactical approach not allowed until we've lost a few games - when it will be open house.  And then some.  A fine welcome to the TEF indeed.  And even if I was a newbie or a returning stayaway, what's the problem?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: