Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: thisisstfc forum  (Read 6557 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 11:49:24 »

There are some angry people over there.

I went over to have a look and put a few things on.  I had to come back cos I was scared!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 11:52:58 »

may have a gander. only worth annoying them more though  :twisted:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:02:04 »

It's all a load of crap over there.  Terrible forum nowadays - shame really.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:02:34 »

Just say something slightly, vaguely, remotely derogatory about Kingy.  Question his taste in soft furnishings for example.  It won't go down well with some I can tell you!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:09:03 »

It seems to stem from Banbury Red, who thinks we might effectively be on the fringe of liquidation, which isn't going to make anyone happy.

My nose is telling me that there is something very wrong at the CG at the moment, above and beyond the the turmoil of last week.

So if you were vacillating about attending Sat, get on down to the CG buy programs etc, because it could be our last fixture.....I'm not bullshitting BTW.

I just hope we can get through to Torquay, as I fancy a trip down to Devon.
Barry Potter

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:18:09 »

Hong Kong Red is the worst,his blood pressure must be sky high, almost every post is full of vitriol and anger and is usually telling people to grow up whilst at the same time calling them an all manner of naughty swear words. Soapy Tit Wank
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:21:34 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
It seems to stem from Banbury Red, who thinks we might effectively be on the fringe of liquidation, which isn't going to make anyone happy.

My nose is telling me that there is something very wrong at the CG at the moment, above and beyond the the turmoil of last week.

So if you were vacillating about attending Sat, get on down to the CG buy programs etc, because it could be our last fixture.....I'm not bullshitting BTW.

I dont really see how we can be on the verge of liquidation, assuming that the VAT bill has been paid by St Modwen / SSW. Unless there are some more skeletons in the closet that we dont know about.

A worying thought though
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:22:02 »

That is bad news Reg, cos I can't make it on Saturday got to go to my 2 year old niece's fairy party.  It's gonna rock!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:27:19 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I dont really see how we can be on the verge of liquidation, assuming that the VAT bill has been paid by St Modwen / SSW. Unless there are some more skeletons in the closet that we dont know about.

A worying thought though

wouldn't surprise me. nobody except the directors will really know the mess we are in. this club hasn't been well run at all, judging from all the mess we're in - it's not just about the fact we are a smaller team, with smaller revenues that has got us in the situation we find ourself today
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:31:56 »

Piemonte, the problem is we cannot rule out skeletons in the cupboard, because we wont be told, but stuff filters out, and what's filtering isn't good.

Technically ST Modwen/Wills have loaned a bit of spare cash to ensure making it until seasons end,  above the VAT payment, but I'm wondering if another forgotten bill, has appeared to hoover that up.

JA if you can't make it get someone to buy you one,  it could be a historic document.
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:35:49 »

True, it wouldnt be the first time that bad news has been kept from the fans.

I'm just racking my brains to try and guess what it could possibly be, assuming it would have to be a sizeable bill to cause a serious problem.

i'm drawing a blank at the moment, as far as I'm aware the club dont have any other large creditors (apart from CVA payments) and the only large thing that tends to take business's by surpise is a VAT or TAX bill.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:42:10 »

My antenna tels me SBC could be about to put a spoke in the works, they probably need something to deflect attention away from Council Tax rises and job and service cuts.......
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:52:57 »

I do think we don't take the situation seriously enough.  I can see me having disagreements with my "Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool" friends in the future, when Swindon Town no longer exists.  When they say, wish we had local football to watch.  I'll be savage.  It's the people who live here but prefer to support the glory teams that really get on my nerves.  My God I didn't swear in all of that, well done me.
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 12:58:00 »

I believe were all clear with the council for the moment, something that had to be done for the Shaw Tip proposals where announced.  

I'm fairly sure as well that the 750k must have gone to customs and excise otherwise the accounts wouldn't have been un-frozen and by this stage if it was unpaid we would have been wound up.

I think a lot of the message board talk of winding up is an attempt to try and stir up the attendance a bit by a few well meaning fans.

I think all being well were fairly safe until the end of the season now.

Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 13:11:51 »

I get the impression that a lot of this has been started by a small article in the sunday people (which i havnt read) that claimed we were due to go back into administration in days.

I cant help but think that was bollocks, the adver may not be the greatest paper in the world but they do tend to get STFC stories long before national press do.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: