Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: team for tonight  (Read 2631 times)
townendjim

« on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 15:22:13 »

Phil Smith
Scott Doe
Ady Williams
Leigh Henry
Charlie-c-Platt
Royce Brownlie
Gus Poyet
Paul Evans
Aaron Brown
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Fola Oniauje
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 15:39:45 »

That's a pretty decent side

Wouldn't really class them as reserve/youngsters which is what I thought they were going to field tonight.

£3.00 - well worth it Smiley
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 20:08:35 »

Wise played instead of Poyet. Game was a bit shit, although Wise nearly scored a cracking overhead kick towards the end of the first half.

Nothing else really happened of note. Their goal was crap, ours was a little better...nice to see Lukas score one. Brownlie had a great chance to win it, but shot wide with only keeper to beat.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 20:10:56 »

i think that's a bit harsh on brownlie mate. i think he was the only player who looked as if he wanted to shoot instead of be a smart arse with the ball

we're all missing the main thing that aaron brown should not be playing even for our reserves

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Northern Red

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 20:41:49 »

Good to see Wise getting stuck in again, see the picture on official site:
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~875526,00.html

Cool
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 20:55:47 »

i thought it was a fairly good game to watch, lots happening and supermarine weren't too shoddy in fairness.

brownlie's shot was narrowly wide, think he tried to place it just beyond the keeper and missed. personally i'd say that in this fledgling stage of his robin's career, the fact he's getting into scoring positions is a good sign, he can work on his finishing all season. lukas took his goal extremely well though.

brown looked disinterested and lazy, what's the point in persuing with him?

evans had a superb game, didn't look particularly unfit but was placing some beautiful through balls and looks very handy with a dead ball.

rodrigo came on in the second half and looked lively, i still rate him.

wise seems to have lost his touch a bit but he certainly wasn't afraid to tackle.

i feel it was a pretty good workout for our fringe players.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 22:03:47 »

anyone know why poyet didnt play in the end?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 22:11:57 »

What the blue fuck is going on with Rodrigo? It seems to me that he is desperate to play for the club whereas Brown could not give the perverbial. I know who I would rather have.
sonic youth

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 22:14:51 »

no idea why poyet played, presume they both decided that one would remain on the sidelines throughout instead of switching or both playing at the same time. it's more important that wise gets match fit i guess.

good point about rodrigo as well ost, he can play left-wing so get shot of that lazy arrogant prick brown.
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 22:33:32 »

I hope we sign the Rodrigo just for cult status if anything else.

Sounds from pre-season he's a bit lightweight but has a killer touch?

What's his pace like?

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 23:47:40 »

Rodrigo will get eaten alive in League Two, physically he just isn't up to it but from what I saw of him in pre season you can't question his work rate.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2006, 07:50:47 »

Thought Evans played well and worked hard considering his fitness isn't quite up to standard. Fola worked hard also.

As for Brown, he didn't run after the ball, didn't get it back when he gave it away numerous times and quite frankly was a complete and utter waste of space. Countless times other players were picking up the pieces when he failed to do his job, hence losing their shape at times.

League One? Hes having a complete laugh. League Two if hes lucky..........
McLovin

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2006, 08:18:41 »

Last week - "oooh, we have to sign Brownlie, he's a natural goalscorer"
This week - "He can work on finishing etc etc."

Hmmmmmm Wink

I love Rodrigo. I have no basis for this, but i hate Brown, and Monkey looks poor. Sign him please.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2006, 08:26:53 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Rodrigo will get eaten alive in League Two, physically he just isn't up to it but from what I saw of him in pre season you can't question his work rate.

He put in a couple of great tackles last night, and showed he is not afraid to get stuck in, even though he may not be the biggest.
I was quite impressed by him when he came on.
sonic youth

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2006, 15:08:51 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Last week - "oooh, we have to sign Brownlie, he's a natural goalscorer"
This week - "He can work on finishing etc etc."

Hmmmmmm Wink

he is a natural goalscorer, he gets into the sort of positions that parkin used to. he's also a pretty good finisher but technique is always something that you can work on Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: