Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Excellent’ Town impress Coppell  (Read 1315 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 15:10:01 »

STEVE Coppell is anxious not to put the mockers on Town's season but saw enough against his Reading side to suggest that it will be a happy campaign at the County Ground.

The Royals' manager, who spent a short spell assisting Andy King at the County Ground in autumn 2002, saw Leroy Lita put his team in front only for the lead to be cancelled out by a Christian Roberts penalty.

Coppell described Town as excellent' and although Dennis Wise is still trying to strengthen, the Madejski chief feels those already on board make up a competitive squad.

continued...
He said: "You have a preconceived idea of what you're going to get and we got it.

"Swindon have a very well organised back four, a unit who wanted to play football as much as possible but realised the danger and on occasions were quite happy to get it forward.

"They've also got an attacking threat.

"So, yes, a very well drilled, organised side.

"I know Dennis is still actively trying to pursue things in the market as well."

Coppell stopped short of predictions though, for the right reasons.

He said: "I won't put the mockers on what I hope will be a successful season for Dennis but Swindon look a good bet."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 15:12:37 »

Let's have a guess here:

Reg's reply: 'He would say that, he's a mate of Wise - It's all part of the old pals' act.'

Piemonte's reply: 'I don't give a shit.'
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 15:14:12 »

My reply: 'That's great to hear. I think it means we will definitely go up - FACT' Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 15:24:52 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Let's have a guess here:

Reg's reply: 'He would say that, he's a mate of Wise - It's all part of the old pals' act.'

No, I'd have thought, Coppell would have said..... I wish I'd have taken the STFC job when offered and I'm really  envious of Dennis to have such an opportunity with a progressive Board...when I said AK is doing a great job to keep this club alive with no resources, I actually meant he's a no mark manager, because only a fool would compromise his reputation by trying to work under such circumstances....not for me.

I certainly wont walk out on Reading when we lose the first 10 games of the season, for a coaching post in the England set up, oh and Nicky asks to be remembered to you all.
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 15:41:55 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Let's have a guess here:

spot on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: